how to transplant?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, hello to all you Dave's Gardeners! I have really missed you. I have a question that I know will be really easy for many of you, so here goes--I'm transplanting some kind of lily that Sprockette gave me a few years ago. It's white and really pretty. Anyway, the root thingy on it looks like a Blooming Onion that the restaurants serve. I'm wondering if I plant the whole thing, or pick the "petals" off and plant each one of them.

Thumbnail by sybram
Fort Worth, TX

Looks like an oriental type lily. One of mine fell apart and they sprouted like grass, I think it may be a couple of years before they bloom now. I'd move the whole bulb or maybe break in half and see what you get

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello Sybil, yes that was good advice from Gipsy.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Gypsi. I really appreciate your response. I found something similar to your suggestion when I googled. This is not the old DG. Where is everybody?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi, Josephine. I miss you guys.

Fort Worth, TX

I think they just quit logging in. the old Dave started a competing forum. I've had invites. It's too busy and the lady who euthanizes her goldfish grossed me out

Dallas, TX

Hey, Gypsi. Boy do I miss your posts. The lady who euthanizes her goldfish? Guess I missed that one.

Fort Worth, TX

Dave's is the only one I have time for

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.