Greetings from STL!!!

Saint Louis, MO

Although I might not be in St. Louis much longer, as my husband's job is being relocated to Atlanta and we are in the process of selling our homestead/finding a new one.

But, a warm hello and a thank you to everyone for allowing me to join your community. I'm a fairly new birder, and every day is filled with excitement for me and a lot to learn.

Anyone have tips to share for those of us just starting out?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Bird watching brings me a lot of fun and enjoyment. I love it! A good field guidebook for bird identification and a good pair of small binoculars are a must. And patience. I have a lot of birds around my property which backs up to woods. I also have a huge Norway Spruce tree in my back yard that is home to a number of nesting pairs and provides good shelter. I put out seed and suet in the winter to help support them and help keep them around the yard. And I have three birdbaths. One is heated so they have a much-needed source of water during the winter months. The Cornell Lab of Ornithology has a wonderful website with a lot of information and you can also listen to the sounds of the birds on their site.

Saint Louis, MO

Quote from Cville_Gardener :
Bird watching brings me a lot of fun and enjoyment. I love it! A good field guidebook for bird identification and a good pair of small binoculars are a must. And patience. I have a lot of birds around my property which backs up to woods. I also have a huge Norway Spruce tree in my back yard that is home to a number of nesting pairs and provides good shelter. I put out seed and suet in the winter to help support them and help keep them around the yard. And I have three birdbaths. One is heated so they have a much-needed source of water during the winter months. The Cornell Lab of Ornithology has a wonderful website with a lot of information and you can also listen to the sounds of the birds on their site.

Oh fantastic!!! It sounds like you have an amazing setup! :)

thanks so much for this advice. It's very helpful...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.