Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Blowin' like the breeze
Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain momma
Take me home, country roads"

Our dear Roadrunner is now at rest. She has been a driving force here at DG for over a decade and a half, having been a member since Sept, 2001.
Jo loved a good party and was singularly responsible for our Roundups and having coined the term, she set about to meet and greet more DG members than anyone to this day. She didn't think twice about traveling across the country for a gathering and was the life of the party wherever she went. She certainly lived up to her screen name.
Jo was also a contributing member in other areas and was a fountain of knowledge about cooking, canning and preserving food. While she lived for many years in Arizona and finally in Tennessee, she called the mountains of West Virginia home and always loved hearing from folks there.
I'll personally miss her wit and antics, as she attended many Roundups with me...always ready to gather folks for a funny skit, or to sing songs. I have no doubt our dear Roadrunner is now gathering our other Memory Garden residents for a heavenly Roundup and even though she's gone from this earth, she'll never be forgotten.

Thumbnail by melody

What a loss. Rest in Peace Jo.

Lyndonville, NY

Melody, that was a very true and beautiful fitting tribute.

I called Shoe this morning to let him know. I know they were close.

She will be deeply missed. Even chewing me out for one reason or another (which I usually deserved) and teaching me how to laugh again.

Peace and prayers to her family
Debbie

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the thread Melody.

Sending our condolences, with lots of thoughts and prayers for the family.

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

I hope her new journey is every bit as adventurous as the one she has completed here with us ..

Prayers with her family and friends

~M~

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

I am sad to hear that Betty Jo 'Roadrunner' has passed away. Sending my condolences to her family and all her love ones.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Great lady, great memories. Spent a day with her during one of the KY Round ups. She flew into Nashville, we picked her up & spent the day, then got to Prizer Point for the Round up.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I was very saddened to hear of this today. I only met her in person once at a roundup in Kentucky, but we were cyber friends long before that and have been since. I was part of one of her skits, and I treasure those memories. 'Til we meet again dear friend.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

So very sad to hear of Jo's death. She and my mom, DJM906 were great friends here on DG. I was lucky enough to meet her in person at the KY roundups we attended. Such a wonderful lady. I'm sure she and mom are having a blast together, again! She will be missed.

I heard from a friend about Jo's passing and came here to give my condolences to her family. I never had the priviledge of meeting her but we did talk a few times on the phone and Emailed some. She was a dear sweet person, and we often talked of trying to meet up. You'll never believe how shocked I was to find this in my Dmail. I hadn't logged into DG lately, but when I did tonight, this is what I found ...

Susan....My first thought was....how far from I-95 are you? My niece and I are coming that way about the 17th = 18th of Jan., on our way to Melbourne, FL (going on a cruise to some place warm)....would love to stop and say hello to you~!
I probably won't give up my subscription to DG....still too many friends....like you....on here.

Let me know of your location. We MIGHT be coming back via Macon, Ga to Augusta...not sure yet.

Hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS....and a great NEW YEAR.

Love & Hugs.....Jo/RR

I wish I had logged on and found her message and made that happen. You'll be missed, Jo! We had fun in the good ole days! LOL

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

She seemed to take an interest in everyone and everyone loved her. She was one of the first people I became acquainted with here on DG. I will miss her in my heart but will celebrate with her again one day when we renew our friendship in Heaven.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think this was her favorite avatar.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I met Jo here in Texas at a Roundup. She was a very energetic lady with a great sense of humor.
She will be missed.
Josephine.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Let far too much time pass without checking in on DG. Such a shock. Never had the distinct pleasure of meeting Jo in person but one could not be a regular on DG without conversing with her more than once. All the good things said about her above and more. Frolic with the angels, dear Jo.

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

I've just re-signed for DG and Jo was the first person I searched for.
She was funny and on top of the world when I was last here.
I miss you already, Jo.

barry

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Melody, for the beautiful and touching tribute.

Virginia Beach, VA

I enjoyed reading her post and may she rests in Peace!!!May the eternal light shine unto her oh Lord!!!

Belle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.