Spring time starts

Fort Worth, TX

well this weekend I planted $11 worth of onions from Dixondale in a raised bed I dumped the chicken waste on when they went outside in August or September. Dug up a sickly rose bush and some hackberries, and had a 4 and 6 year old help me with the planting. cleared bermuda and tossed echinacea and galliardia seeds in a semi shade area in the garden, gets morning to 2 sun in summer, they should do ok, they do well in a similar bed alongside my house. after the kids went home monday finally got my tomato seeds in pots, on the heat mat in the greenhouse. always more to do.The cat is napping and the bees are buzzing. Can't find a photo of the bees - only took videos.

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi
Hutto, TX(Zone 8b)

I planted my tomato seeds in peat pellets on the heat mat this time last week. Most have sprouted and are showing the seed leaves. I've taken them off the heat and put the lights as close as I can get them.

Fort Worth, TX

Mine are in 4 inch pots, actually full of dirt this time, they will be up potted to 3 gallon pots and tidy cat buckets, most of them, as my luck with putting tomatoes in the ground in alternating drought and flood has not been good. So not putting in ground. Put broccoli and chard in ground instead, root crops in raised beds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.