Fitting / wearing ease for dog jackets

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

Just wondering if some of you could give me some guidelines on getting the perfect fitting / wearing ease on various types of dog jackets depending on the materials used? Here are some photos of some that i have made for my friends that do fit well, and i usually do get them just right, but lately i seem to be having some misfortune with getting the fit not quite right. Either i have been making them too small, or way too loose and floppy, lol!

So i was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how many inches of extra space to allow for each type of jacket depending on the fabric and / or thickness? (also keeping in mind that they will all possibly be worn in times of higher activity such as play time, or just plain running around.)

I mainly make fleece jackets, thin rain jackets, and quilted puffer vests and parkas that are about a half inch in thickness. Thanks in advance for any tips and advice for proper sizing!

Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!