Weather - January 2017

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunshine 22 degrees here.
Need to look back;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1435569/

This message was edited Jan 1, 2017 8:40 AM

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We got 0.1 in. of rain yesterday. They are calling for a high of 58F and it is currently 38F. The chance of rain and the quantity of rain for later this week has been reduced.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

22 degrees earlier this morning here also
42and sunny now , for the first Day of 2017 ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I think I saw 65*- Denton, Texas, by 4pm. My bones are happy tonite.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy New Year!
60° now just before dawn..foggy, high today 82 with 40% chance of rain.
January is usually our coldest month.

They are calling for a high of 54F.

Anyone else having a problem with the December thread not going away from your thread watcher?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

no
Snowy 30 degrees.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

No, Mesquite, Tx totally opposite from a Denton at 5am. Mesquite- 57* now, lite breeze, full sun. (Denton was 55* gullywasher with hail, 50mph gusts, ground to cloud continuous lightning)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes me Kelli ,
45 degrees waiting for rain ,, cloudy

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Dark & foggy. About 300ft visibility. 32 Degrees.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Was 50 degrees a while ago and raining cats and Dogs 40 to our low tonight and high tomorrow , 27 degrees follows ..

Yes Dec. still showing.
It is 71 @ predawn, that's just crazy. Muggy and windy, guess front and rain almost here. Fire ban issued for our county, guess we need to hold a hot dog over our fire pit and say we are grilling. :-)

I clicked unwatch on the December thread and it went away.

They are calling for a high of 59F. Yesterday was all cloudy. Today might be, too. I don't mind. It's kind of nice for a change. It is still wet out from the rain we had a couple days ago.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Made 47 degrees , lots of rain ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

5 degrees here. NW wind, COLD!

They are calling for a high of 58F. There is about an 80% chance of a small amount of rain in the middle of the night. Yesterday was cloudy all day. It is too dark to see how it is right now. If it is sunny, it will get above 58F. That is almost guaranteed.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

19 here , a few days coming colder still

Our news this morning reported; "We didn’t break a lot of records in 2016, but the above normal temperatures that we had for most of the year gave us a year that ranked in the top five warmest years on record for several Central Florida cities."

Today high 77, it was raining this morning but sunny and breezy now. 56 tonight.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Olney, Illinois 23* 8mph winds, starry cold. Winter storm warns of 1"to 3" beginning at midnite. Apparently Missouri gets hit first- and RENO made FM radios here with that heavy whiteout they are ooohing about.chuckl, watch out for the deer here- I think they know its abt to get cold outside...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

15 degrees this morning 1/2 inch of snow (it is still falling ) feels like 3 , 10mph wind .

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

4 below zero.
Cold!

There was light drizzle all afternoon and evening yesterday, the kind where you have to run your windshield wipers once every 100 yards. It rained heavier late in the night and rained all night. We got 0.61 in. Today they are calling for an 80% chance of more rain and a high of 58F. On this date in 2012, it got up to 84F. Yuck. It was 34F in 2013. For the sake of my tulips, I wouldn't mind a few nights in the 30s. They won't bloom otherwise. It is still raining a little bit.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Farina, Illinois- light dry fluffy snow fell til abt dark. Too dry and fluffy to accumulate more than 2", but the roads stayed good. 17* a small puff of air for breeze.

We got over 0.7 in. of rain yesterday and the day before.

The newspaper said that there is a 'once in 10 year' storm coming this weekend. It was all hype. It only pertains to northern California and the Sierras. Here, the National Weather Service is calling for a 25% chance of 0.09 in. of rain on Saturday.

It is foggy this morning, which is unusual. They are calling for a high of 61F.

Some flowers 'n' stuff - variegated jade plant, bird of paradise (it has mildew but it will be all right), Mammillaria 'Un Pico, portulaca (they are usually dead here in the winter), toyon (a California native plant

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

3 degrees here , light snow cover on the ground , sunny , minus 12 chill ,
it's cold ,, grrrr

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Bitter cold here 4 degrees ,minus 3 tonight ,least little wing bites and stings .
Awful Cold .. it is !!!

brrr, that is awful cold, Juhur
Kelli nice pictures, I sort of remember that tree in the last photo, I think we had one at our house in CA.

We had a good soaking rain all night and more coming I hear the thunder now It is still warm at 67 @ 7AM, but tonight down to 39°. The rain was much needed, haven't had a good soaker like that in a good three months. Winter is normally our drier season but it has been way too dry.

This message was edited Jan 7, 2017 7:16 AM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

-4* and the truck isnt wanting to warmup. No wind yet that I can feel...tooo coolllllldddd

We got 0.25 in. of rain overnight. It is supposed to rain off and on all morning. They are calling for a high of 61F. It got up to at least 67F yesterday.

Here is a picture of the toyon under better lighting.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice and warm looking Kelli , Beautiful really !!!
minus 3 last night , about 6 degrees at noon here , 15 our high today ?

Yep that looks just like the tree that used to be outside my bedroom window. Nice color.

It's 37° at dawn, clear skies, windy, today high 56.

We get fall colors a bit later here.....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sun , Love the life color ,
Cold frozen 15degrees here , sunny ,,, clear ,,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Atlanta was talking no school Monday since the little roads are all ice. Big roads were dry as a bone and traffic was 1/3 of what is usually in that city. Was nice!!! Was 15* at daylite.
Florence, Ky tonite and was having heat flashes at 21*, suspect my truck thermometer of pouting...still dry roads, but traffic has increased.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Made 30 degrees here , 40 's tomorrow ,, it can rain all it likes !!!

We got around 0.9 inch of rain early yesterday. They are calling for a high of 58F and partly cloudy today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Johnson Creek, Wis, 34* heavy drizzle in heavy gusts of wind- up to 50mph they tell me to expect. Heading toward LaCrosse- accuweather bragging of snow in every state but Florida this week. Sigh

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Blizzard going on here. No travel advised in 4 counties.
27 degrees at 8AM, now 14 degrees.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

45 degrees gray cloudy , strong winds and rain

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I met your blizzard at LaCrosse, Wis. Interstate snow pack freezing to black ice, travel abt 45 to 50mph. My reciever was unhappy I got to his warehouse before he could sneak out early- but he unloaded his Samuel Adams and then the Bud man showed up as I pulled out.Looks like LaCrosse got about 5-6"...
Portage, Wis temps droppin from 40* to 24* when I parked, winds slower, salt shakers are blading the roads and salting as fast as they can...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Were getting thunder , lightning , and very heavy rain 35 and 40 mph winds at this hour , 52 degrees

One year ago today

Thumbnail by juhur7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.