Advice appreciated for a sewing blunder

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

So i have just made this quilted coat for a friends dog according to how they specified it to be done, and it turns out that the coat bunches up over his shoulder area. which normally wouldnt be too big of a problem, if it werent for the velcro patches that are on the sides of the coat. she will be using those velcro areas to attach service dog patches onto. and this bunching up over the shoulders causes the patches to be obstructed where they cant be read. From what im looking at, MAYBE the chest part behind his front legs needs to be a bit bigger? she says that the fit everywhere else on the coat is perfect all except for this part. I am expecting her to return it back soon to fix it for her, so any advice on where i would need to make alterations would be appreciated, i have spare fabric so i can add onto the seams.

Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!