November 2016 Weather - mild winter ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

October was extremely mild for us. We would like more of the same for November.
Join us here for daily weather facts from around the country.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

44º looking for 60º today, & sun ?

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 74F. We had two days in a row where we didn't have to run the air conditioner but that isn't going to last.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Made 79 degrees here 74 or76 coming tomorrow sunny ,windy nice warm day

They are calling for a high of 81F. It is creeping up into the I-don't-like-it zone again.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

We had a wee bit or rain before dawn, I could see the humidity in the air when walking this morning, sunglasses kept fogging up. Up to 85F today. 20% chance of rain, which is fine, we haven't had a good rain in two weeks.

Sunkissed, we haven't had a good rain in about four years.

It was 70F at 5:45AM. They are calling for a high of 87F. That means it will be 90F at my place. That is totally wrong. This is November, for crying out loud.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It has rained here last night and cloudy today . 63 degrees now , 67 later ,
starting to cool down for winter this week , mostly upper 50's and mid 60's are daytime temperatures coming up

They are calling for a high of 86F with no significant cool-down in the foreseeable future. Bummer

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mid 50's sunny and cool here , A little warmer forecast the next few days ,
Flowers still at it

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Nice flowers, Juhur. Fall is not all that floriferous around here, though the paperwhites have started to bloom.

Mild winter? Yes, too mild.

They are calling for a high of 77F. They are calling for 90F on Tuesday. The more we get into fall, the less DH and I can take the heat. November used to not be a summer month.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Near 70 here today ,, sunny ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Drove 160 miles north for a funeral today, & back home.Just got home, still 50º.
Beautiful day for a drive. Kind of filtered sun, no wind & 70º
No cold temps forecast for the next week.
Deer season opened Saturday. My friend said it's the first time he hunted with a tee shirt & no jacket.

They are calling for a high of 85F. The high will not be below 81F for the next ten days. That is wrong, absolutely wrong. What happened to fall?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Near 70 today , Last time as tomorrow Fall arrives with rain , we will see some lower 60"s 50 to 40 mostly ,, Maybe Only a two month Winter this and next winter ?

Last Sunflower

Thumbnail by juhur7

They are calling for a high of 89F. That means it will be 92F at my place. This is about 15 to 20 degrees above average. I am tired of the relentless heat. The longer it goes on, the less DH and I can take it. I would just like to be able to lay on the couch in the evening and watch t.v. without sweating. Is that too much to ask?

Some people have given up on watering their yards.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

59 and rain here , 40 for tonight

Fifty-nine and rain sounds heavenly. They are calling for a high of 89F. It got up to 93F yesterday. I am hot already.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50's and cooler here today , nights are getting cold
Kelli , you might see rain again someday ..

57 this morning, and they say no higher than upper 70's for a good ten days, that really would be nice. So far November had been normal for us, pleasant.

Pretty sunflowers Juhur.

Lots of honey and bumble bees in my garden, I'm glad since they've sprayed the dickens this summer for skeeters, always afraid that stuff will kill my bees and butterflies.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Maybe, Juhur

The web site won't load so I don't know what the forecast is, but I think that yesterday they were calling for 90F. That means 93F at my house. I am so tired of hot weather. It didn't used to be like this.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

59 and sunny was today , did not get much done but enjoyed the sun

Sunkissed , pretty !!! to you also , Love the Bees , Lot of spraying here for skeeters also ,

Kelli Might only be a lull in the ice age good as guess as any as it seems to be wrong the past 50 yrs.

They are calling for a high of 85F. It is tiresome. They're calling for highs in the 60s and 70s for the latter half of next week. We'll see.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny 54 about as much as we will warm up to today .. light wind steady at 5 or 8 mph .

28 tonight 30 tomorrow night , these this morning , likely all done

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

My post from yesterday got lost. Oh, well, nothing exciting.

They are calling for a high of 87F. That means about 90F at my place. This heat is getting demoralizing. I shouldn't be wearing shorts, running the air conditioner, and sleeping using only a sheet in the middle of November. Even the weather person on t.v. had nothing positive to say about it and usually they love the heat.

Hope you didn't lose all those pretty flowers, Juhur.
We had a nice comfortable weekend, did reach 80 yesterday...pretty moon Saturday night and sunrise on Sunday morning.
Couldn't see Super moon last night, was too cloudy, another cool front, a spit of rain right now, but we need more, things are dry.
High today 76F, low 55F.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 88F. That means it will be at least 90F at my place. It is supposed to cool down, at least for the short term, later this week.

Here, the moon looked the same size as always but maybe was a little brighter.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

we had three nights in the 20's the flowers are gone now ,
Low 50's today ,partly sunny , calm mostly , but really rather cold when the breeze moves the air ,
Sunkissed, Kelli I know , you all don't get winter , except February maybe ,,

Greens today ,, Like the Cold ,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Well at least the greens still look fine.
The coldest I remember in my 38 years of living in Florida, was back in 1985, 19 degrees in late January. I've seen snow fall three times here. In 2010 we forgot to turn off our automatic sprinkler one night we dipped into the low 20's, the whole garden was a scene from Frozen. Pictures below.
57/75/55 partly sunny today.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

I have never seen snow here. Once every few years it will snow on the top of Oat Mountain, which is close to 4000 feet. The coldest I have seen at this house (19 years) is around 30. I used to live in an apartment in a cooler area and it would often get down to 28. The coldest I saw there was 19. Some people who had gone away for Christmas got their pipes frozen.

According to which web site you look at, yesterday got up to either 93 or 96F. I have spent 30 Novembers out here and none has been even remotely like this. They are calling for a high of 81F today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

56º
Rain/snow Thursday & colder. May get to normal.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

59 the forecast high but with the sun it was much warmer today
sun ,, nice photo's ice is pretty ,, but ,, but ,, but ,,etc ,,

Kelli the Hottest I ever seen it here 116 heat index , coldest about minus 52 to 60 chill
36 below was the actual temperature then ,

Cauliflower today

Thumbnail by juhur7

51 this morning, coldest morning yet, this is about as cold as I like. Sunny up to 77, but we'll be back to 80 by the weekend.

Brrrr, Juhur that is way too cold. I lived awhile in Maine when I was in grade-school in the winter, I was so glad when we moved out of there, I never did get warm, we came there from Texas, so not used to the cold.

took this Bumble with my cell phone, I love this new iphone camera

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 73F. It will be warmer than that at my house, but maybe I won't have to run the air conditioner. Maybe I won't have to wear shorts. Maybe I can sleep with more than just a sheet.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60's and sunny . tomorrow 70 is forecast , it was 36 degrees this morning
Sun nice bloom and bee , cheerful , everything is brown here

They are calling for a high of 73F. That is a nice break. It is windy. There is a fire weather warning.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are in for foul weather. Winter weather advisory. Blizzard conditions north & west of here.
Right now 55º & sunny.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Take care in the Blizzard ,
71 and sunny here today ,
one more day of nice weather remaining here .

Sounds like Winter is creeping in. Stay safe in the blizzard CG.
55F/80/56 here today, sunny.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.