(sharran) Sharon Webb Brown

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Sharran was one of our most prolific writers, contributing hundreds of original articles, many of which were reminiscings of her childhood in Kentucky. She is probably best-known here for her beloved "Aunt Bett" series of stories, but in her hometown of Calvert City, Kentucky, she is fondly and highly regarded as a favorite teacher and artist. She passed away on October 2, 2016 and is survived by her children and grandchildren, along with extended family and countless students whose lives she touched over the years.

Thumbnail by Terry
Huntsville, AL(Zone 7a)

I saw the article and wanted to post a note to her about how I loved all her articles. Then I read that she has passed. So very sad. She and her delightful stories will be missed so much. Adieu, my friend. Plant those gardens in the sky.
Barb

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I saw on Facebook. What a wonderful force she was! Holding Sharon and her friends and relations in my heart today.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

She was such a kind, sweet, funny and encouraging friend to all that knew her.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I am so very sad to hear this. My husband passed at the same time as Sharon's and we shared healing thoughts for a couple of years about our loss and sadness. She had so much love in her and she will be missed. Here is an article of her self-biography that is all about her life as told by her, to the author, Bennett Welch. Rest in peace, my Friend!

It would help if I gave you the link -

http://cubits.org/WhosWhoSpotlight/articles/view/1089/

This message was edited Oct 5, 2016 6:56 AM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm heartbroken. She was a kindred spirit and one of my dearest friends. She leaves a wonderful legacy. I know you're in a beautiful place. I'll meet you there one of these days. It was a true honor to call you my friend.

I'll miss you, Sharon. Such a sweet spirit.
Hugs&blessings and prayers to her family.
Susan

Crossville, TN

When I came into the Memory Garden tonight, I had to force myself to read this post as I had already heard of her passing on FB....OH~! What fun we had at the Kentucky Round Ups~! She is now with her own dear "Aunt Bett" and has left us with some wonderful stories we can read again and again.....Rest in peace dear Sharon. I remember Sharon and me putting on a skit at the KY RU.

Thumbnail by roadrunner
SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I loved her stories, and her spirit. She will be missed....

Thumbnail by Gymgirl
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

She was wonderful! There will never be another like Sharon.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Sharon's memorial is today and she is in my heart and mind. I so miss her but know she is happy and pain free now and with her dear family.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I finally found information on Sharon - wow, what an accomplished lady!:

http://prabook.com/web/person-view.html?profileId=779863

That she was and one of the most humble as well.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I've never been on this forum before. I wondered what had happened to Sharon. She suddenly quit writing her funny stories. I enjoyed her stories so much. She is missed.

Miss you Sharon.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm missing her, too. Such a glorious sunny spring day we had, perfect for the party atmosphere of Palm Sunday... but no Sharon to help us welcome the spring this year, to celebrate every new shoot and bloom...

She was my very dear friend, and while I might get used to her absence, I'll never stop missing her, remembering her, loving her...

Thought of you today dear friend. I'm happy about that now because your suffering has ended and I know you are happy. Miss you so much.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Just read the article about Goatsbeard by Sharon. It made me miss her and think of her all day today.
I wonder if someone could tell me what happened. Some of you mention she's not in pain anymore. I think it would help with some closure.
She was such a good writer and good person.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Alyn (her son) - posted this on her FB page in October of 2016:

Yesterday morning mom went into surgery at Lourdes to have a blood clot removed. Unfortunately there were complications that led to a stroke and she was airlifted to Vanderbilt. Agueda Formoso Mayan, Ashley Brown, Matt and I drove down to Nashville last night to be with her. She was responsive but the stroke had been bad. She got progressively worse through the night and passed away this afternoon. Ashley and I are working through all of the details and arrangements now and appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2017 4:26 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

https://www.facebook.com/sharon.w.brown1

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you for sharing this information. I scrolled through all of her picture. She was such a talented lady. This will give some closure.

Never ceases to amaze me how often I think of Sharon. It seems like the smallest thing can bring a memory or two or three...... Loved her dearly.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

I was just thinking of Sharon and I came here and realized that today is the three-year anniversary of her passing. I sure miss that lady.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.