give cold liquid or ice

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

As many years as I have had dogs I had never heard of this.The other day I was sitting outside with the dogs and had a frozen ice pop. I don't usually give them this sort of thing, but they were curious and I was outdoors and did not have to worry about the dripping. I gave each of my four dogs a little piece. Two of them totally emptied their stomachs of their last meal. I mean a lot of food. I freaked out and googled why dogs puke. One article mentioned that when given anything too cold their stomach spasms and causes them to throw up! I was relieved this was why. I thought I had somehow poisoned them with the raspberry flavored treat. Anyone else ever have this happen? Did not seem to bother the other two.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!