October 2016 Weather

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Only 3 months left of 2016.
This year is one of the wettest ever in southern Minnesota.
Farmers are finally getting started with harvest. Already going around wet spots in the fields.
Hope the winter doesn't bring lots of snow.
So lets look forward to a nice Indian summer for October.
62º at the moment.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Still rainy/foggy here in Raphine- shirtsleeve comfortable, just damp. Short ride today- 5 hrs and wait for Sun am deli. Then back to midnite starts, sigh. Am searching for bright spots...

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 86F. That means it will be more like 90F at my house.

They are calling for a high of 78F. It will probably get above 80F at my place.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Damp cool soggy Allentown, Pa 63* 84% humidity

They are calling for a high of 78F.

They are calling for a high of 78F again. I am enjoying it. It is supposed to get hot again this weekend.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

86/70 it's overcast so it may not get that warm. Supposed to stay this temp until the end of the week then cool down a little.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Can't sleep, phone warnings went off this morning, we're under a hurricane watch, been a long time since that has happened. We're expecting Hurricane Matthew to impact us late Thursday night. Hopefully it moves further out to the East Atlantic. Today must prepare garden and pick up supplies. ugh.
Today weather, breezy, high 87F with 60% chance of rain, gust only up to 16mph.
Thursday day gust 50mph, evening gust up to 79mph.

Stay safe, Sunkissed.

They are calling for a high of 80F. There is a fire weather watch for the next few days.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Friendsville, Md 60* feels like 57*! 75% humidity 10mph wind, color showing in the high hills. Agreed Sunkissed! Don't argue with that storm!

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

They are calling for a high of 88F.

It's noon and it's already 85 with a heat index of 90 supposed to cool down tonight.

How are you Sunkissed?

They are calling for a high of 90F. Won't this summer ever end? We had 11% humidity yesterday. There is a fire weather warning because it is so dry and somewhat breezy.

I hope this picture comes out large enough to read. It has nothing to do with weather, but I thought it was interesting.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Looks like the kids on FB are bored again, chuckl. Cuba, Mo. Says 55* and droppin now, lo of 42 tonite, winds making it feel 53*. 71% humidity. Skies are almost clear. Found me a new pair of sweatpants- hope I remembered my size, chuckl.

Hurricane came and went, we were spared by a last minute jog to the East of twenty miles, keeping the eye off the coast. Just lots of tree trimmings on the ground, tons of rain. Our precious coastline really took the brunt, with lots of erosion. Lots of power outages. As far as I know only one death reported.
Today is clean up day, still humid and breezy, but only slight chance of rain.
Thanks for the concern, my weather friends. I'm so thankful this morning, it could have been so much worse.
Looks like we have some pleasant days coming our way. :-)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Cuba, Missouri 38* at 715 am. Brrrr, saw SCarolina news, seems they are getting more storms today!

Sunkissed, I'm glad things turned out all right for you.

They are calling for a high of 92F. That means it will be more like 95F at my house. Will this summer never end?

84F high today, less humid, tonight's low 65F Woot! (thumbs up)

Some pictures of our favorite beach, Flagler Beach, A1A - Aftermath erosion from Hurricane Matthew taken off my son's computer screen.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2016 6:49 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Wow, Sunkissed, what are they going to do?

It got up to 95F yesterday. I tried to find what was the hottest place in the country but I couldn't find it. The weather sites and the news sites I looked at do not list it. A Google search was useless. Our newspaper hasn't come yet, if it even lists that. They are calling for a high of 91F today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

N Ft Worth, Tx 60* hi of 79* expected, clear blue skies just a puff of air stirring.
Never heard of them putting a beach back- not sure a seawall would work either!

It got up to 95F again yesterday. They are calling for a high of 85F today.

Very nice this morning, 63F and lower humidity. High 79F. Windows open. Yesterday was very nice too, spent all day outside.

That part of A1A has been rebuilt before, but it wasn't this bad. They pump sand in from the ocean floor, a long noisy process, put tons of big rocks as a barrier and build a new road. They say they're going to rebuild it, but will take a long time. I do love driving that stretch of road, Ocean right by your side. The Hotel across the road is a Historical landmark, so guessing they can't take it down and move the road in.

They are calling for a high of 77F, but it is not cooling down to stay. It will be over 90F again next week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

54 /74 here today , sunny ..

Chicory still blooming here

Thumbnail by juhur7

They are calling for a high of 74F. That will be nice. It is getting into the high 50s at night. However, it is not cooling down for good. They are calling for the 90s the end of next week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

we have changing weather here , 78 today , dropping the next few days 50 tonight

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Wisconsin Dells Wisconsin 47 degrees, wet.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

nice pic kitt ,, raining here about 65 degrees

In the 90s here but cooling down into the 50s at night. It makes a big difference.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

First freeze of the season coming tonight. Nothing left that it can hurt. This will be latest frost in a long time. Average here is Sept 20.
43º at the moment. Dark!

They are calling for a high of 78F. Yesterday was the first day in a long, long time that we didn't have to run the air conditioner. This morning it was 51F. It hasn't cooled down to stay, though. They are calling for 90s the end of next week.

They are calling for a 50% chance of 0.02 inch of rain on Monday. Big whoop-dee-do.

Pretty fall flowers, Kitt.
70/84/69 mostly sunny, some spotty showers coming off ocean from a hurricane way way out there, not threat to us. Breezy and nice, we also had a couple non AC days.

Some Florida Fall wildflowers pics from one of my hikes a week ago...

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Nice pictures, Sunkissed and Kittriana. I haven't been out because it has been too hot, but there would be very few wildflowers around here at this time of year, seeing as it hasn't rained since April or May. It's been so long that I can't remember exactly when.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60 and mostly sunny the past few hours , 40 tonight , then back to the near 80 and 50 weather
Love the flower photo's !!!

They are calling for a high of 79F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Going for 70 sunny now 50 tonight
Fields of aster , cattails in the background

Thumbnail by juhur7

They are calling for a high of 74F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

54 now , 77 later , partly cloudy ,

88 feels like 90. Low of 70, supposed to cool down at the end of the week.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.