What\'s For Dinner (Part 73)

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Coming from http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1427128/

We're probably way overdue for a new thread. The first day of autumn seems a good time to begin. Our family has spent summer on the run. We have been working, traveling and volunteering extra time, when able, to our food recovery project. High Holy holidays are around the corner which adds extra work preparing home and food. The last gasps of the summer garden means no break from canning and freezing. We certainly have eaten well this summer. You never know what the bumper crops will be each year. For us it's been tomatoes, late peppers, eggplants and cowpeas. Beans, squash and cucumbers were only fair.

Eggplant has found it's way into all kinds of recipes from babaganoush to caponata and ratatouille. So, after another slew of eggplants landed in the fridge, and a trip to the international market for Asian veggies, I decided to tackle Szechuan eggplant for tonight's dinner. It's actually a pretty easy dish. But, having received eggplant inspiration, I pre-stir fried the Asian veggies and scrambled an egg to make jasmine house fried rice tonight. There's fresh tofu marinating in soy sauce and sesame oil which will get seared too. That's my dinner. What's up in your kitchen?

This message was edited Sep 22, 2016 4:10 PM

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
This thread has 233 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!