9/1/2016 Release - please report any issues or questions

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

We'll be rolling out a release this afternoon (evening on the East Coast), and we don't anticipate any downtime or problems, but please report here if you spot anything not working as it did prior to the release.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, PlantFiles search is totally broken. I tried a valid genus (Salvia) and it barfed... same result for invalid input ("randomcrap").

Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS m.pid, m.common, m.cultivar, m.family, m.genus, m.species, i.imageid, i.image, IFNULL((SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT(user)) FROM trades_master WHERE pdbpid = m.pid AND status = 1), 0) AS trade, IFNULL((SELECT COUNT(a.compid) FROM ps_products a INNER JOIN ps_master b ON a.compid = b.compid AND b.exp_date > NOW() WHERE a.pdbpid = m.pid), 0) AS sale , (SELECT COUNT(c.cid) FROM pdb_comments c WHERE c.pid = m.pid) AS count FROM pdb_master AS m LEFT JOIN pdb_images i ON m.pid = i.pid WHERE 1 = 1 AND ( (m.genus REGEXP '(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)$)|(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|( ?(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|((randomcrap|randomcraps)$)' syngenus1 REGEXP '(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)$)|(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|( ?(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|((randomcrap|randomcraps)$)' syngenus2 REGEXP '(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)$)|(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|( ?(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|((randomcrap|randomcraps)$)' syngenus3 REGEXP '(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)$)|(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|( ?(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|((randomcrap|randomcraps)$)' syngenus4 REGEXP '(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)$)|(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|( ?(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|((randomcrap|randomcraps)$)' syngenus5 REGEXP '(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)$)|(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|( ?(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+)|((randomcrap|randomcraps)$)' )) GROUP BY m.pid ORDER BY count DESC LIMIT 0, 20
MySQL Error: 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'syngenus1 REGEXP '(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)$)|(^(randomcrap|randomcraps)[ ,;.]+' at line 1)

Session halted.

Eeek. I've sent the lead tech an SOS. Obviously, it did not work like that on staging before they deployed the changes.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

BOTD seems to be working perfectly! Thanks

Glad to hear it!!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Getting tons of error messages in plant files search. Such as I can't search on species in Hibiscus.

Okay, I have been working with the lead tech this morning and we're going to roll back the search changes we made. The other changes in the release will remain (so Bloom of the Day will still work, Kell :-).)

Lake Egmont, NS(Zone 4b)

The Classified Ad link takes me to the forum page. I've tried it a couple times with no luck.

Secondly, and kind of minor, the link for the Canada Hardiness Zone seems to be broken.

Thanks,

Tracy

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I see when people now upload their PlantFile photos they are back to showing up on the PlantFile Forum. Just in time to see puttytat's great bearded iris pictures! I am so glad that is fixed for I always enjoyed looking down the photo lineup at the new entries. Thanks

Also if you have trouble using the DG search for a PlantFile entry, try typing on Google - daves garden and then the plant name. I use this method almost daily and it works 90% of the time.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Several valued, long-time members of DG have died in the last 6 months. Moderators of the Memory Garden have been notified but nothing has been done. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/904310/

Will the Memory Garden be updated as part of this release?

NoH20, that is probably a breakdown in communication between Melody and me - she thought I was doing them,and vice-versa.

If you will send me a list of those you are aware of here: http://davesgarden.com/helpdesk/pf/ I will make sure I get them all taken care of this week.

Quote from TracyWareham :
The Classified Ad link takes me to the forum page. I've tried it a couple times with no luck.

Secondly, and kind of minor, the link for the Canada Hardiness Zone seems to be broken . . .

Hmmm. Do you know if these were working prior to this release? As far as I know, we didn't do anything that should have impacted either of those. But I will get tickets filed so the techs can work on fixing them.

Roseburg, OR

I can't get any photos to load

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Terry, I have posted to the Memory Garden thread which I had listed above asking members with information to post it to that thread and to also come here and use the link you gave and post their information there. I know Ernie Weed (eweed) died in April and there is at least one other member who has died since then. There are people who contacted the MG moderators with pertinent information at the times of deaths. Hopefully that information is still available to you but, if not, I asked those with information to contact you via the link you posted in your reply to me.

I am confident that you would get the information you need by using the link that I included in my initial post and asking for the details that you need.

This message was edited Sep 7, 2016 2:54 PM

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Quote from Kell :
I see when people now upload their PlantFile photos they are back to showing up on the PlantFile Forum. Just in time to see puttytat's great bearded iris pictures! I am so glad that is fixed for I always enjoyed looking down the photo lineup at the new entries. Thanks

Also if you have trouble using the DG search for a PlantFile entry, try typing on Google - daves garden and then the plant name. I use this method almost daily and it works 90% of the time.

Unfortunately, this fix was short lived; no longer works.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, we can now put a caption under any photo you upload to BugFiles and BirdFiles as well as edit them and also edit your own captions in PlantFiles!!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Terry, I haven't seen any updates to the Memory Garden forum. If you go to the "Contact Information for Memory Garden Moderators" sticky you will find posts about Ernie Weed (eweed) and at least one other person who I am not familiar with that was mentioned in a post by OutsidePlaying:

OutsidePlaying wrote:
A friend of mine on mid-south gardening contacted admin several times about honoring a long-time DG member, Ruth Yarbrough, who passed away several months ago. Nothing was ever done so now DG has lost two members because my friend Sandra has also non-renewed. Ruth was a huge supporter of DG, even when there were many problems with the transition several months ago and she was sick. Sandra was too. Sandra considered it a real slap in the face when no one acknowledged Ruth when she passed away. Just passing this along to the rest of you since no one seems to care anymore. I\'m another who is considering dropping my membership next time it rolls around for renewal.

When will the Memory Garden be updated to reflect these members who are no longer with us and very much missed?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Terry, is admin going to put the "post while you were typing" back.
So many are complaining of missing post they did not see.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I too miss that alert, in red, that said somebody else had posted while I was typing. I've missed a lot of posts, bc of that. I wish admin was more responsive....like they used to be.

Ive asked about this a few times but didn't get a response. I'm glad your asking again.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

This thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1427128/?page=4#post_10256779 keeps telling me there is a new post and there is not.

Looks like admin has quit on us? Pretty sad no one replies anymore.

That's what I don't understand. Melody and Terry used to be so quick to respond now one question gets answered and then they disappear. I just don't get it.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Sharaan (Sharon Brown) died Saturday and isn't acknowledged here on DG where so many of us met her.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Bernie posted a note about it on Coffee and... and provided this link to facebook. https://www.facebook.com/sharon.w.brown1?pnref=friends.search

It may be mentioned elsewhere on DG but I didn't go looking for it.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Sharon Brown was remembered fondly in the Memory Garden this morning.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1432631/

We haven't quit on you, I promise! Juneybug, as soon as I saw the news about Sharon, I put it in the Memory Garden. We did drop the ball on a few others that passed away earlier this year, but I think/hope we've got everyone added to the Memory Garden that we are aware of.

We don't have any updates on additional fixes yet but as soon as I do I will post them here.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

^_^ Good to hear!

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Reporting this for the second time:
This thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1427128/?page=4#post_10256779 keeps telling me there is an updated post and there is not.

That's been happening on different threads for a while. Just post on it and it should go away. Post something like "post to unstick".

Quote from meezersfive :
Reporting this for the second time:
This thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1427128/?page=4#post_10256779 keeps telling me there is an updated post and there is not.

Hmmmm. I've added it to my watched threads list and I'll see if I can get it to behave that way for me as well.

But since there's a new thread in the series, I've also locked it to new replies - try un-watching it and see if that takes it off your list. (If you've tried that already and it didn't work, let me know.)

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Terry, thank you for updating the Memory Garden. It is so heart-warming to read the wonderful tributes that are written there and know that our late friends are not forgotten.

Candy

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I can't even find the memory garden.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/deceased/unsolved

Quote from NoH2O :
Terry, thank you for updating the Memory Garden. It is so heart-warming to read the wonderful tributes that are written there and know that our late friends are not forgotten.

Candy

You're most welcome - we are sorry we dropped the ball on Ernie and Ruth earlier this year, but please know it is our pleasure and honor to maintain this special place at DG; it's one of the many unique features that have helped us set the standard for gardening sites over the years.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

From URL: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/dg/all/ On the list pages of the Tradelist (or Want List?), plants listed alphabetically by genus, but the genus name is not visible. It is so hard to figure out what is in the list without the genus, the plants are labeled by common name. Can the list please include the Genus and species, then any common names?

I don't know where else to post this if this isn't the correct place. Please feel free to point me in the right direction, if this is not where questions/requests like this go.

Thumbnail by MaryEv
Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

I don't know where else to post this. When adding pictures to a post how do you get them to appear in a specific order? On Facebook you can simply move them but I can't figure out if that can be done on Dave's Garden.

I usually load them one at a time on Dg, as some are smaller in size and will load faster when I click on several to load.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

I also load one at a time, but if some end up in the wrong order, you can click the "X" to remove just the ones you don't want and reload them.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Be a lot easier if you could just shift them around before posting as you can easily do on Facebook!

If you load pictures one at a time does the first picture you load become the first or the last. This is why I rarely post pictures on DG. I don't have time to fiddle with them..

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Did you change the ability to post twice in a row? Having issues with this thread 'Spring 2017' in Perennials forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.