Jacobsen 325 chain drive rototiller

Fort Worth, TX

I gave away some money last year, gal with 3 kids had gone thru a divorce and I helped her get that first months' mortgage payment together. She gave me a Jacobsen 325 chain drive rototiller that had obviously never been out in the rain. Said it ran.

I just spent today with it, put clean oil in the crankcase, (per directions on gas tank actually) siphoned out the old gas, put in fresh with a conditioner for ethanol, and got it a fresh spark plug

I can't get it started, compression feels about right, my right shoulder feels about wrong, and to be honest I do not need this tiller, I have been here 15 years, short of buying more land, I can do what I need to do with a spade. I think it needs a carburetor rebuild, and eventually I might be able to come up with a kit. Does anyone have any experience with these? seems to be an antique? 3HP Briggs engine. I do not have the eyes for a carb rebuild or money to throw away. But I am not taking it to the junk yard either.

In my experience, I put my old pressure washer with a Briggs up against any new one I've bought to such an extent that I will have the engine on it rebuilt or replaced this winter. New ones never last a year, this one is 7 years old.

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi
This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!