August 2016 Weather

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Another typical summer day here.
High of 80º, humid, but south breeze. Cloudy, so not bad day.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanx! CG, still hot in Magnolia, Tx (still n Houston) 84* with 47% humidity, breeze is a breath at 6mph...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

We continue to get into the upper 90's each day with heat index over 100, all people keep saying is that this is the hottest summer we've ever had...I agree. Rain is always nice, but has missed our house the past four days.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Kittriana, I recently had my car in the shop. It was one of those 100+F days. The car sat in the sun all day. I could hardly get the window rolled up. I could hardly get the seatbelt on. I got mildly burned from the steering wheel.

They are calling for a high of 89F. It actually felt chilly this morning at 65F.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Kelli! I know! I could feel my fingertips sizzle! I run a reefer - my thermometers tell me they are broken trying to get the inside veh temps. 160* is where they quit. Double heat inside those cars. That would stew your insides like a living stewpot - same as Death Valley!
96*- hi of 97* expected before dropping. 47% humidity means a Real Feel of 107* outside now.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

90 degrees here ,, Hot , humid , sunny ,,

They are calling for a high of 85F. Yay, less hot! I am so glad that we rarely have humidity.

They are calling for a high of 85F again. I think it got hotter than that yesterday.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

It was 98 today with a heat index of 105....

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

90's indexes with High 80's today here , glad it is past

They are calling for a high of 88F. That is warmer than enough for me.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We are expecting 87 for a high with 95 or 96 for an index , Humidity and Sun keeps causing that

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

75º low humidity. NW breeze.
Lovely day.

98 with a heat index of 107. I don't remember it being this hot for this long but I'm sure it's just me.

Sounds so nice, CG, and 1lisac, you're probably right, this has been a much hotter longer than usual summer.

We've been getting our cooling rains in the afternoons finally, evenings are actually nice enough to sit outside again. Should stay like this next few days, anyhow. Still up to almost 90 before rains hit, but better than 98.

A duck family on my morning walk.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 88F. This has been an average summer, or maybe a couple of degrees less hot than average. For me, summer is just something to get through. My husband feels the same way.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A milder lower 80's here today ,,shade is really pleasant , comfortable ,Temperature is the temperature today , no 15 to 20 degree increases as Heat indexes ,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

77º
Partly sunny.
BEAUTIFUL DAY!

They are calling for a high of 83F. I think I can tolerate that, though we still will need to run the air conditioner. We are not people who keep the house frigid. We set it at 76F during the day and 74F at night to get the upstairs below 80F. The temperature of the room we are usually in downstairs is probably more like 80F. It is definitely hotter than the hallway were the thermostat is.

They are calling for a high of 88F. Weather here is pretty boring.

We keep our air at 81° during day and 76° during the night...that is our comfort level. My son keeps his town-home at 75 during the day and I actually need a throw to keep away the goosebumps. :-)

Tropical low hovering for days now off our west coast, keeping is partly to mostly cloudy and breezy, been nice outdoors. Some thunderstorms here and there.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

88 sunny ,, ? what can I say ,, ?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

83* and I warmed the truck temp from 58* to 72* because I am COLD. of all things. Wasnt facing the sun tho, so that is partly why - Pa tonite, over by State College. Dark night outside

Kittriana, 58F would be all right for me if I was walking, but not if I was sitting in a car or in the house.

They are calling for a high of 84F. We'll still have to run the air conditioner. The walls of the house seem to hold heat.

They are calling for a high of 85F. That is not bad for this time of year.

It's 9 am and the temp is already 84 with a heat index of 90. 99/77 today with a heat index up to 112. We are under a heat advisory today however there is a chance of rain and lower temps this weekend into next week.

Lots of rain, been staying under 90 last few days. Low in Gulf is keeping us cooler, and seabreeze showers.

a Wee little yellow neck ringed snake in my garden....and new Zebra longwing butterflies emerging on a tomato cage.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice Sunkissed !!!

Low 90's Drizzle here Air here is a water blanket ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I saw everything from 77* to 83* across Ohio, abt 10 seperate gullywashers leaving 2"-3" water in the road slowed everyone down

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Yesterday was 89º with heat index of 101º.
Caused storms overnight. Some areas got up to 12".
We had a nice rain that we needed.
Now if it quits so we can do the Farmers Market this afternoon.
We have about 50 pints of strawberries & pickling cucumbers to sell.
Temp now is 66º.

I can't imagine 12 inches of rain. We haven't been getting that much in a whole year.

They are calling for a high of 87F. DH read that it is supposed to be 114F next week. The forecast I look at did not say that. The one good thing about extremely hot weather is that is shuts up the loud, incessantly shrieking baby mockingbirds. Yes, they are still having babies this late in the year. This is their fifth brood of the year. Man, I hate those things. The adults are bad, too. They spread seeds of trash plants all around the yard, especially in places where they can't be dug out. I like all other birds. In our yard this past year, we had nests of hummingbirds, house wrens, and song sparrows and probably house sparrows in the strange gap between the air vent and brick veneer of the house.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Some highways washed out I guess.
I imagine some crops will be lost.

They are calling for a high of 85F. That is probably low for August here. Next week will heat up.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

89 and dry for here today .

101 heat index 116. Chance of rain starting tomorrow. With this heat it's not even possible to go outside.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It was dry here , it rained for while sunny again the past few hours ,, it's a gas furnace outside .. 87 Actual 96 index ,, that is 31 and 36 celcius ,,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rochelle, ill 73* 98% humidty. 0 wind. Supposed to have a tstorm near 2am. I was in Wisconsin ladt night and heard this morning that some bridges washed out, but I wasnt near any rain myself. This pic was Ill yest when the storms rolled in

Thumbnail by kittriana

It's been a long time since I've seen clouds like that, Kittriana.

They are calling for a high of 94F. Some people, like our next door neighbors, actually like that.

93 and a 50% chance of rain (thunderstorms) yaaaaa!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

78 degrees and Thunderstorms ,,rain , lightning

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.