Canning question for everyone!!

Vaughan, ON

I plant lot of tomato in my back yard this year, planning on canning for the first
do i need to put special vitamins on the solid or special fertilizer. sorry if is a silly question but i need to know my plants are doing amazing but you never know i have to ask this question,
Thank you
Krose..

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

No, nothing special is needed. Just be sure to cut out any blemishs on the fruit before you can them. No such thing as silly questions.

Vaughan, ON

Oh LOL thank you lisa, I been doing to much reading and some places they telling to watch on what fertilizer I m using. anyways I know they are some crazy fertilizer out there not good for vegetable, I will try to stay away from them. All my tomato's this year are for canning season I will post a picture or my garden tomorrow so you guys see why I asking all these silly questions , we have about 400 plans or may more so I got it be sure on what we are doing because we can ruin lots of plans.. thank you.

Vaughan, ON

Also if anyone has good site where I can buy some canning tools please feel free to help me out, October is around the Conner and we are looking around for a milling Machine for a good price used or new if used it needs to be in really good condition.
Thank you
krose

Vaughan, ON

I dont know much about canning other then when i was a teen i used to help around, This year is going to be the first year i will introduces to my family, I have found a few online store by in reality i dont really want pay to much money on a milling machine let me know is this machine will be a good start for please review it is a little bit outter my budget but is is good and will do the job for us we will have to set or this one here the name of the online store www.ConsigliosKitchenware.com the machine we are looking at is made by Fabio Leonardi - MR2 1/3 HP - SP2 Tomato Machine w/ Powder Coated Motor

Yes we wanna start high tech dont know if anyone in remember taking off their shoes and stepping on tomatos to make tomatos sauce, LOL I would love to try it one more time like the old days but i dont think my husband will like the ideal.
anyways any one feel free to give me your advice if you know any place i can buy a cheaping milling machine post a link here , no USA site US dollar is to high . thank you have a great day everyone hope to hear from someone soon.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2016 7:44 AM

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi-
If you happen to have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, you can buy an attachment for it to use for the tomatoes, it would be a lot cheaper. However the one you found looks terrific.
Just for fun, to see the true old-fashioned low-tech way, check out the manual ones at the real Amish store in Ohio:
http://non-electric.lehmans.com/search?w=tomato%20mill

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a plastic one that I use by hand but it's super easy. I can't help you as I don't know anywhere in Canada.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.