Love that little Coryalis Lutea

(Zone 4b)

- a continuous bloom machine from spring until frost
- will thrive in light conditions from full shade to sun
- with its ability to spread it is able to grow in all nooks and crannies (but a snap to remove)

I was at a local garden tour this past weekend and I saw a perfect "mass planting" of CL on a dry rock wall. Take a look:

This message was edited Jul 11, 2016 10:59 AM

This message was edited Jul 12, 2016 6:50 AM

Thumbnail by rouge21 Thumbnail by rouge21
Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh that is terrific. I tried twice but could not get it established here. I was surprised because some people warn of invasiveness.

(Zone 4b)

There is no doubt it spreads Pistil but it is easy peasy to pull out what you don't want.

Camano Island, WA(Zone 8a)

I love the way it pops up various places when it's happy.

I just killed the one at our new place but will try it again in a different location. I'm not sure what it didn't like but it started out happy and healthy, then week by week it got smaller until it was no more.

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

That looks great! I picked one up in the spring from a plant sale. So far, it is doing pretty good and that is the first corydalis that looks happy for me. I hope it spreads like the one in your picture, Rouge.

(Zone 4b)

Quote from Loretta_NJ :
I hope it spreads like the one in your picture, Rouge.

If your one does well then for sure you will see 'babies' all over...a great flowering shade plant.

This message was edited Aug 15, 2016 10:01 PM

The babies are always so welcome and are proof that your little Corydalis is happy in its home.

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I adore it as well. It is the longest blooming perennial in my garden by far.

rteets - any pics of Corydalis in your garden? I know you have a great garden so a pic of it in situ with the other plants would be a treat.

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I had to look for a picture but I found one.

Thumbnail by rteets
Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

That is a very nice specimen!

Very delightful, thank you for sharing!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.