Can\'t Focus!

(Zone 5a)

I have a Canon Powershot, a bridge camera, I think it's called. I like the point and shoot, but have been playing more with the manual settings. I am getting better at lighting, but the thing that drives me mad is not knowing how to adjust the focus. I took some photos intending to upload one to the plant files, but the parts out of focus are distracting. I was trying to focus on the center, trying with and without flash, but I did not want the leaves fuzzy, either.

Here are the two images I took, you can see the bits that are fuzzy. It's too late to get any more pictures like this since the flowers are now in bloom, but there's next year. :) If you're curious, this was the emerging flower stalk of a yucca, I think the flaccid-leaved variety.

Thank you for any tips.

Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!