CLOSED: 2016 Mug Swap Reveal/Show Us Your Ugly Mug!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

This is the 2016 Mug Swap Reveal!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1423889/#post_10234344

We are a small but avid group of mug users, and we are looking for some new thing to jump off the shelf this summer!

Super secret swap partners have been issued, and we are closed to new participants.

This is a mug swap only, but feel free to include any other mug-related paraphernalia that might suit your swap partner's muglee preferences.

Please let all packages ship on or before June 30 with delivery confirmation. Kindly send me and only me the DC number from your package so we can keep track of our uglee mugs.

As ever, thanks for playing.

Participants:

Alicat32.....................
Joeswife....................
Katgroves..................
Amandaesq...............
Taters55....................
Cville_Gardener.........

Image courtesy http://www.artismia.com/onlinestore/fscs/FSCS_IND.jpg

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Phew! This site is way easier to navigate from the desktop than it is from my cell phone! I am going to brew me a cuppa to get over the trauma of uploading that scary photo of the ugly mug. It sort of looks like those faces you might see in a tree's bark, so I thought it might be appropriate here.

Enjoy your day! :)

A.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Did my mug shopping. This swap is always so much fun! Thanks, Amanda.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I got my name. Thanks so much!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Got my name

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

YAHOO -- always love this swap! happy happy happy

Thumbnail by AliKat32
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

oh - and the mug is super scary.....hope I never look like that in the AM

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Quote from AliKat32 :
oh - and the mug is super scary.....hope I never look like that in the AM

Haha. Unfortunately, I do. Ack.

Bed time. So glad you are all part of my world.

Have a good evening.

A.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2016 10:35 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ali, are those mugs you received in past swaps?

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Cville - just mugs I have -- the stonehenge one is from my parents when they went there.....the smile face one is from michaels - $1 - I couldn't resist and bought a whole rainbow of them - and the minimug of the moose is from a consignment store....I just love those places! The minimug is great for hot choc....delicious - and it's been so cold here I can still drink hot choc to warm up!

Today we lost power for 3 hours - probably the wind - and it was so chilly that I'm considering gardening with mittens on! BRR!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ali, all your heat is down here. It was over 90° yesterday. Ugh!

I've gone mug shopping. I think the box should arrive at my buddy's by Friday. :-)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Mine is in the mail. Delivery day is saying the 16th.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Omigoodness! Hahah. You guys are such eager beavers. :)

I need to slow down a bit so I can catch up. :p

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I know myself. If I put off doing things for too long, sometimes I never get them done.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

According to the tracking, my buddy has received her box. It was left "on an outside porch".

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Mine said on porch also

No box here.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Oh goodness - I hope the boxes got there! I don't have a porch so there's no box here in NH!

I've been virtually stalking my partner trying to find her preferences/likes/and wants! MY hunting has been successful! I'm almost ready to send.....so close! I have just a few more items to find!

On another note - today I got to see my friends barn - they've been restoring this barn from the 1890's! It's looking fantastic now! Here are a few shots - oh and they have bees so I helped feed some new hives they are trying to establish! And I got to sit on the tractor!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there too!

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Holy cow that's a sweet farm. What fun! :)

I recieved my box from Kathy this week with 4 sweet mugs.

One says ,"live in the moment " another "life is good make memories," " coffee bistro cafe" and my fav has roosters on it with a tiny ceramic sugar spoon worked into the handle. Genius. :)

There was some damage in shipping so what I can't use in the cupboard will serve as a flower pot in the garden or maybe a bird seed scoop. Will let you know after I go at em with my crazy glue. Thank you! :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Amanda so sorry they weren't in perfect condition. I will make it up to you

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Yeah....a box has arrived! Hope the crazy glue fixes up any damage....
My box is getting shipped out tomorrow! Should be at my partner's place by the 23rd!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi gals, I lost this thread! when I am missing someone needs to throw some breadcrumbs and show me the way. I got the cutest mug, some Marley coffee, Matcha green tea and a mug warmer from Carole when I arrived home on Friday.
( Late from work of course) I had to work on Saturday and then today my son had us over for Father's day Ribs and stuff. He and his g/f did a great job of being just plain cute. LOL Not used to seeing my son who is turning 40 this year, be with a woman and be so happy. I am thrilled he has a companion and she is a doll. Rose came over too, and got to swim, but I declined the pool. I know it is still cool for some of you, wish I could say the same here. It is very hot and humid. Love this pink Mug, very appropriate for this week for me, remembering my sister every day. I can't believe it will be three years in two days. On a brighter note, it has been 32 days since I lit a cigarette. :D Thanks so much Carole, you are a doll. :) all the milkweeds, flowers and everything is going crazy here.I been picking wild raspberries and green beans and tomatoes already.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh good, everything arrived undamaged. I always hold my breath until I hear things are okay. You're welcome, Debra. Always a pleasure to shop for you, my friend.

I know you miss your sister. That is so hard. I'm missing my DH every day ... so much. Doesn't seem to get any better but it hasn't been a year yet.

Love the photo with the bees, Alikat. The birds have been so busy at my feeders lately. I always say I'm not going to feed them during the summer because they have a lot of food out there (my property backs up to woods). But then I get so much pleasure out of them that I can't resist. Such fun to watch! Of course the squirrels like their fair share too. Crazy antics.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Glad to see the packages are arriving. Nice mugs everyone.
Carole, I love your pictures, and that squirrel is so funny.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I remember so many boxes that arrived with something broken...its really part of the fun sometimes. Once someone sent me a waffle iron (!!!) With other fragile things. Needless to say, the waffle iron did not have a scratch on it. Haha.

Kathy really it's all good. I have them lined up and they will always be part of the fun. No worries! :)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Great photos everyone!
It finally rained here last night....my poor sundrops and masterwort plants were NOT looking good but today....they are rehydrated!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hurray for rain! :)

Hurray for mug swapping! :)

I really can't believe there are no swaps occurring. I wonder what we could come up with to entice folks into another summer swap? :)

No sweat here. My buddy shouldn't expect her box till the bitter end. Hahaha. Will see what I can do.

And now today, off to the store to buy ingredients for a pineapple upside down cake. Court's birthday is tomorrow and it's tradition. So was the quadruple batch of macaroni and cheese I made him yesterday. Though we're no longer a "couple" we're still pals. There's comfort in that.

So. I got up at 430 am to go to work and get home early to get this done. Better get! Enjoy your day, everybody. :)

A.

Not too many of us left on DG.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Even small swaps can be fun

I agree.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

me 2... I love our little group.. I love you all.. buddy's box won't get out until I find one more thing that I think she loves...

I'm weird like that. LK, Hope you are still Hive Free. I sure wih I could drive down and see you, and Paula.. she is missing me.

Wish I could drive up and meet the rest of you all. It has been a weird June, one co-worker lost her ten yr old son to cancer last week, another co-worker had a freak accident with her propane pipe leaking and it exploded when she was down in her laundry room, she is in ICU burn center. Another co-worker is in Houston getting her cancer scanned again. My little aches and pains are nothing compared to what I see these women going thru. I totally have dis-engaged from one of my daughters I did not raise, and just remembered her birthday was yesterday, and her daughter turned two a couple weeks ago. Her lack of wanting me in her life has made me stone cold, .. and all I can think of is what my sister went thru three years ago.. .. I am 34 days into no smoking. I have been thinking about a lot of stuff. I am really wanting to downsize stuff. It's too hot to advertise a one day plant sale, and no one would want my stuff anyway. *sigh* Joe took me to a movie today for 1.50 each, we watched BOSS and I laffed the whole time thru it. It felt good to laff. I am glad you keep traditions, Amanda. Keep them, you 'll be glad you did. almost all my lillies are done now, just a few special ones left opening..these I am posting are done.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

This is one of the best swaps no matter what size it is. Yes, a lot of people have left and a lot of the new DG members probably don't know about the swaps.

Gorgeous lilies, Debra. I know how much you miss your sweet sister. I miss my DH every minute of every day. He was too young to pass away. I'm glad he isn't suffering and is completely well and happy in Heaven. When I think about it honestly though, I'm glad he passed first. It pains me to say that but it seems that generally speaking, widows get along alone better than do widowers.

I think I've rubbed off on my next-door neighbor. She planted some flowers this year. I don't know if they enjoy them but I sure do. :-)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Sorry to hear of all the ladies at work Debra. Sending prayers for all. I wish you could drive this way too. Would love to see you again.
Beautiful pictures everyone.

Candi/Alikat, I just opened the box you sent. WOW! I love all you sent, but sorry to say the tweety mug did not make it, seems the postal service is playing football with all the boxes.
The beautiful butterfly mug is safe and sound, and I love all the teas you sent. The water jug is fine as well, and I will enjoy all the choccies it contains. And those socks are awesome. I will enjoy the plant book and greeting cards as well.
Thanks for all you sent.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Nice box.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Great box, Linda. Phooey about the Tweety mug. Maybe it can still be displayed somehow. There were a lot of nice things in that box. Enjoy!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

OH Linda....
That's awful....I got the mug on amazon and will send you the return info on a dmail.....it should be an easy exchange.....and rats - I almost kept it in it's original box but I wanted to stuff other stuff in your box and had to make room! Those bad USPS delivery people.....they need to be careful!
XO

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Oh - Linda -- I was able to exchange the tweety mug for a new one -- this one is shipping directly to you ! Should arrive by Monday for ya!
hugs
C

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Fun fun. :))

It seems like days since I checked in. Just keep running and running. Hardly know what day it is. Haha.

We have tstorms tonight and intermittent thru the day today. Hope we get a good douse.

I was not expecting a replacement, but thank you so much. I really love tweety. I have two tweety tattoos, one angel and one devil.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.