Cook Books

(Zone 5a)

You can find some of the best cook books at your local library when they have their book sales.
I bought nine cook books today for a $1 a book, and these are hard back books from Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery. I bought all the vols except 1,2 and 9, my friend that works at there says that she will look in the back to see if they are still there and let me know.
She said that she has a cook book that has a wooden cover with Aunt Jamima wood burned on the cover and held together with leather back binding. She says if she ever wants to get rid of it she will give it to me, I am keeping my fingers crossedl
If you become a memeber of Friends Of The Library, you will have first choice of the books before the public. I hope that you will all check out your local library sales, you can't find better bargans.

This message was edited Friday, Nov 23rd 1:18 PM

This message was edited Friday, Nov 23rd 1:19 PM

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!