Here\'s a few early bloomers in Maryland

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Best in Class
Charcoal Eyes
Cheddar Cheese
Elizabeth Alma with welcome visitor
Octopus Hugs

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

I didn't see this thread until now, I started a June Bloom 2016 but thought it best just to post it here. Your Best in Class is well named, your blooms are beautiful!

The winner of the first bloom of the season in my yard wasn't even listed as an EE, yet it's ahead of the EE's!
Daylily 'Endless Heart'

Thumbnail by Mipii
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

That's beautiful. What a great way to start! Here's a few more that bloomed here today.

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar

Oh you're rockin' the picks, you've got something for everyone, I'll throw my one or two in every now and then but wont even light a candle to your collection. I sure do get excited when any one of mine bloom.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I certainly know what you mean.

The first one is probably the most popular DL in the world, Stella D' Oro. Number 2 is Aunt Wimp.

Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

A Fine Frenzy
Adorable Tiger
Black Velvet Baby
Brown Delicious
Velvet Eyes

Velvet Eyes is very interesting! Of course they're all great.
Apricot Sparkles
Jolyene Nichole
May May

Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii

I couldn't seem to post, I'm going to try just a few pics on this attempt...
#1 - Butt Ugly 'Hemstitched' (second flower opened)
#2 - Little Grapette

That seemed to work, here are a couple more...
#3 - Stella D' Oro
#4 - Siloam Double Classic

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous blooms~

Robin, I happen to live in the town where Grapette soda was made! :) But, my Little Grapette has yet to have a bloom on it. :(

Robin, my oldest may be moving next year, but the other two should be put for at least 4 and 5 years - maybe longer! There is a big chance that the one who moved to Birmingham may be there for 9....I told him I was pretty sure I would not be lifting heavy furniture in 9 years! :)

Hope everyone has a great week!

When Pigs Fly
Fleichal Black
Black Jack
South Seas

This message was edited Jul 29, 2017 11:55 AM

Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii

Thanks Genna. Oh good, you can rest for a few years...lol. Mmm, Grapette Soda, that sounds so refreshing right now. Have a great week yourself!

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

. Gingerjar, I love your Best in Class and Adorable Tiger. Mipii, I love your South Seas and Joylene Nicole.

Oh my! This could be an expensive thread. Makes me want to get on line and start shopping. But first I've got to help the ones I've got. Some of them look pretty pitiful and the only thing I've got blooming right now are a couple of Stellas.

If by some miracle, my Persian Market reblooms this fall, I'll post a pic of it. It's my favorite of what I've got..

Firstyard, I just purchased Persian Market this year, I can't wait to compare it to South Seas. I may have enough to share next year w/ SS as this is their first year to bloom. I purchased a few fans and separated them to plant. I wanted a good show of them.

Thumbnail by Mipii

Here's a better pic of Hemstiched...

Thumbnail by Mipii
Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

Beautiful daylilies. I really like the Grapete & Velvet Eyes and all of them.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I could spend a fortune on new Daylilies. The more I see the more I want. Good thing I am turning my field into a flower garden

Thanks Brenda!

Yay for those that have fields and large gardens, I'm hoping for one of those as a retirement present to myself. It's always good to dream!

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, your garden looks so healthy, Mipii! Curse my red clay!

Thanks Firstyard, I don't know what to say...I can only blush.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Robin Endless Heart is always one of the first to bloom here. For a evergreen that is pretty good.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Late getting a chance to get back on this thread, but your blooms are gorgeous Robin!

Where is everyone? I sure miss the activity that used to be on this thread - but I guess it will save me a lot of money since my want list won't be as long! :) Hope everyone is well!

I was trying to clean up beds this past weekend and actually found a scape with 3 buds! I couldn't believe it ....don't think I have ever had blooms in September - but we had had a lot of rain in August, so maybe that is why......

Genna

Thanks Genna, I finally had some blooms to share. Don and Mike seemed to have lots of DL's blooming in September last year. I'm sad this thread has fallen out of favor, perhaps everyone is having a busy season just like you are. I'll post my 'Stella's Sparky' it's blooming now.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Robin, I still had a lot blooming in Sept. It is not that it has fallen out of favor, a lot of the earlier members are hanging out somewhere else. The membership dues are not required there. I have been extremely busy with my honey do list which include putting up a shed.
Don has a lot of beautiful flowers as always.
Shed
Roman Cohort
Kanai Sensi
Genesta
Stella's Pink Pretty

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB

Okay thanks Mike! Great shed and nice work. A homeowner should not be without one of those. I'm actually thinking about graduating to his and hers sheds now. I want mine to have a heated solarium attached to one side and a cold frame on the other.

Your blooms are beautiful, I'm so glad you're still growing those little beauties and taking pics for all to see. These two are both Stella's Sparky (how lucky am I?)

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Robin the one on the left does not look like Stella's Sparky. The one on the right look close. Nevertheless both are nice.

Oh no...I better get back out there and check the tag...

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Stella's Sparky back in June.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB

The tag said 'Stella's Sparky' but they were grown from seed. None of mine look like your little beauties Mike...oh well, I love them anyway. Thanks for posting the pic!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Robin since they were grown from seed that explain it. They were Stella's Sparky offsprings.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.