Anemone Sylvestris

(Zone 4b)

I did a double take on a small front yard mass planting of what I now think is Anemone Sylvestris. It was so pretty. (See below).

As with some anemone they do multiply.

I am wondering what your experience has been with "sylvestris".

Thumbnail by rouge21
Natick, MA

Wow, that's Really lovely!!
I wonder how long it took for them to spread and/or how many plants they started with.
Will be following yr thread!

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Aren't they pretty? I've heard from others they spread but at least those people were happy about that. I've tried here but they didn't survive. Something about anemones and my yard don't mix.

(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the input. Looking at my picture it sure does seem like they multiply!

I have also heard that "Madonna" is a good variety/hybrid.

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

Here are some other lovely photos of this plant. I just love it and now want some in my yard. So far, though, I can only find seeds.
https://www.google.com/search?q=anemone+sylvestris+madonna&safe=active&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS591US591&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=775&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKtp7x8JPNAhVQ7mMKHQQODJsQsAQIIg&dpr=1

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

I think something is wrong here. It didn't finish my sentence. I said....I can only find seeds.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I have grown Anemone hybrida 'Honerine Jobert'. It blooms in the fall. There aren't many fall flowers so I did enjoy the fall blooms. I did get rid of it, however, because it was spreading more than I wanted and the blister beetles decimated it. No thanks.

(Zone 4b)

So I recently planted 3 Anemone Sylvestris "Madonna" in a small but 'contained' perennial garden...looking forward to next spring ;).

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Anemones are really pretty and they bloom when there's not much going on.
Good for you!

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looking forward to your pictures!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.