Crossvine - received from Josephine

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine, a very big thank you for sharing this crossvine with me. I do not remember exactly which year it was but it is really thriving now. Rabbits wiped out a lot of it before I figured out how to effectively protect it. Didn't get any good photos when it was blooming this year because that was during the time we were having constant rain.

Thumbnail by Dogs_N_Petunias
Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

How did you protect it from rabbits?

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

Quote from 1lisac :
How did you protect it from rabbits?

I made a wire "cage" about a foot high around the bottom of the plant. Josephine had given me about 9 cuttings that she had rooted and I was so proud of them. They thrived until I transplanted them and the rabbits wiped out all but 3 of them the first night !! I just about cried. Lesson learned.

I don't have a huge problem with rabbits but in the past I have lost plants the same way. Your Crossvine looks great now!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Beautiful! We all have plants shared by Josephine if you live in Texas! She is so generous.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Sheila, you are very generous too.

Petunias, I forgot your first name can you refresh my mind?
I am so glad you were able to protect the Crossvine from animals. It makes me feel great seeing the plants I have given to people flourishing.

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

Quote from frostweed :

Petunias, I forgot your first name can you refresh my mind?

Josephine, it is Glenna.

Thank you Glenna, by the way, that is a lovely picture of you.
It is good to see people posting on the Texas forum again.

This forum has more activity then any other forum I'm following. It's great to see this!

It goes to show you, leave up to Texans to save the day!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.