May 2016 - Flower Power!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Welcome to the CMW merry, merry, month of May thread. Flowers love this month and so do I!

Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Starting out this month with some flower pics. Show me your flower pics!

Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Big grin, so pretty! These tide me over til I return from ramblin...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hi Kattriana, Thank you. I haven't been online much, so I just read your post. Take care.
Betty

Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

May flowers from my neck of the woods. Greenbrain - Your roses are beauties.

Flower Power - I like that.

Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Thank you Brenda. Your flowers are lovely.

Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

Thank you greenbrain - I really enjoying sharing pictures and seeing others flower pictures. A person can gain a lot of good ideas from the photo's. I've been to a garden club plant sale today, which is always enjoyable. I bought 2 pairs of Atlas gloves (I have several pairs, but just recently threw 2 pair away that had holes in some of the fingers. I also bought some varigated Miscanthus grass which I wanted to plant as a backdrop for an area of plants on the far side of the pond. I would have dug some of mine to transplant, but it is much easier this way to buy what someone else has dug and potted. I'm at the age that my moto is, "Garden smarter not harder". I also bought some canna bulbs. I want to plant them out from my kitchen window somewhere - so when I look out this summer, they will be blooming and smiling back at me. Yesterday I was lucky enough to find more torch lilies at a nursery in the area. This is what I wanted them for - the orioles! I mudded the plants in last eve.

Keep gardening!

Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Love the pic with the bird. Yes, I have been taking some short cuts lately with the same end results. I prefer low maintenance perennials.

Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

Glad you enjoyed my oriole pictures. Talk about reward - those birds taking nectar are the ultimate prize and the flower, I love it too. I yesterdasy managed to get the varigated miscanthus planted and my canna's. I planted them all within view on the other side of the pond. Now for today, I need to do some serious weeding. I'm going to head out while the temp is nice.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.