Outdoor Wooden Boxes?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I used to have beautiful boxes my husband made me out of plywood. They were nice for the first five years but the next five they started falling apart. Along with a new garage door, I'm considering buying a new box.

I'm thinking of buying one or two of these:
http://www.gardeners.com/buy/teak-trough-planter/37-599RS.html#q=outdoor+planter&start=15
(but I wouldn't buy it from Gardeners Supply Company because you can get free shipping from the manufacturer). Does anyone have any experience with these or similar boxes made of cedar?

Thomaston, CT

My niece in NY state has 3 of them.....very attractive & work fine....her only problem is roaming deer!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

These same exact ones from Gardeners Supply? Do they look ok, are they sturdy enough to stay outside and so on without falling apart?

Thomaston, CT

They are teak, but not troughs.....just low boxes for veggies.....they've been in her yard about 10 years.....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks!

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Carrielamont,what about picking up some empty Wines Boxes at the Liguor Stores . I saw on line where people plant in them and they are very sturdy and I think they are given away for free.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Today my beautiful teak box arrived! I wish it would stay this beautiful. It was delivered along with my box from Bluestone Perennials! Yipee!

Thomaston, CT

Happy planting!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.