Hummers are back in Atlanta!

Blue Hill, ME(Zone 5b)

I spotted the first hummingbird of the season yesterday, hovering around our white salvia. Anybody else seen them yet?

When do they usually reappear in your part of the state?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm in Atlanta too, but I usually don't see a lot of hummingbirds until July - maybe I should put the feeder out earlier this year..

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I have had hummers for 2 weeks. I love to watch them.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Saw my 1st male on 4/2. Males have been passing through ever since. No females yet. I usually see ones that stay in June sometime.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm still waiting, and was surprised not to have seen one yet. I'm glad to hear from those of you who are more informed that there's no need to freak out just yet.

Blue Hill, ME(Zone 5b)

I think the bird I saw on the salvia was probably just passing through, because I haven't seen anybody at the feeder yet.

Blue Hill, ME(Zone 5b)

STILL haven't seen a hummingbird at the feeder, almost a month after spotting the one on the salvia. We got our feeder the first week of July last year, and they settled right in. Perhaps they won't be back permanently until July again this year.

Meanwhile, I'm wasting a lot of sugar. LOL.

What about everybody else?

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Seeing females now. One has become guard hummer. It is a little early, they usually start guarding the feeders in June. A male guards in June until the males leave in mid-August. I guess they are settling in early this year.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

We had our first visit several weeks ago--NE Atlanta near Tucker.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.