Frog fruit

Dallas, TX

I was at North Haven Gardens on Saturday to hear Dale Clark give one of his talks about butterflies. Afterwards some of us were checking out plants and we came across some frog fruit. I picked up a couple (the 2 little plants were very attached to each other and I hated to separate them.) Anyone have any advice on growing frog fruit? Will part shade be ok? Seems like I read that they are not very fussy.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

It will overtake your bed. I pulled all mine out 3 years ago and I STILL have runners in my flower bed.

Dallas, TX

Thanks, Stephanie. I want to plant the frog fruit in a totally naked place. Not sure if anything will grow there except dirt.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

It will be perfect! I think I saw a runner when I was working in my flower bed yesterday....

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, Frogfruit is nice and easy.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Frogfruit is very easy to grow and quite attractive (if you don't mind it "running" everywhere. :-)

Carla in Rowlett

Fort Worth, TX

I got invaded by it a few years ago, cleared most of it out, didn't know the name, it turned up with some of the dirt they brought when they buried a sewer line in the street and somehow got up the curb into my yard on the lot. Now I will let it grow in areas where I need ground cover

This message was edited May 12, 2016 8:46 PM

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

Frog fruit invaded our front yard and choked out St. Augustine in a large area. DH spends lots of time pulling it up but never succeeds in getting it all.

Fort Worth, TX

I had to dig lift and sort dirt for roots, kind of like getting bermuda out. The lot next to me is overrun with it, so far it hasn't headed back for my yard

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.