What are these trees?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I got a couple of these at a R/U at Joy's. They could be a native but I really have no idea. And no memory...
I also got lots of cool bulbs that are all taking turns blooming, many from Sandy (I Love Jesus) & maybe some from Kitt?? From the trunk of someone's car. Thanks!!
Pics: 3 of the tree & one gimmee!

Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio
Dallas, TX

Don't know about the tree. The bulbs look like cranium lilies. I got some at an RU and one of the mothers is now giving birth to her 2nd baby. Hasn't bloomed yet this year. Maybe I ought to feed it more often.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

The tree looks like an Ash, probably green ash
http://www.wildflower.org/gallery/result.php?id_image=39157

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

After looking at lots of pics, I think you're right Josephine. Unfortunately I will have to remove the ones I planted. It grows into a huge tree! I'm thinking the person might not have been sure what they were & I volunteered to take them. In the back of my mind, I thought they were some type of blooming bush. I definitely wouldn't have taken trees! I live in a suburb on a lot that has to have 2 regulation oaks in front. (Coming from Louisiana, I thought all these neighborhood regulations were rather communist!)
Oh, and the flower by my name (avatar?) was another bulb gift. I also have a little cluster of rain lilies--so pretty. And TFC I don't do much at all to my front bed where these are all planted. As a matter of fact, I should put something down to encourage flowering. There are a few bulbs that haven't flowered but are HUGE!! They look like amaryllis leaves but they have grown about 4 feet tall! I have amaryllis I brought from LA & they dwarf them. I'll take pics if it would help ID those.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

That one crinum resembles the one I gifted you- no name but looks like a milk and wine- crinum herbertii. You should have had a tiny bulb from my Sangria crinum. It isn't tiny when grown - to bloom it needs to have bulbs out of the ground 2/3. I never give mine anything but bonemeal down here. The Sangria I saw at the Arborgate was easy 2.5' around if you could have hugged it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.