Milkweed Vine

Dallas, TX

Last spring at the NPSOT sale I got a milkweed vine from Josephine. I now am happy to say that it is alive and well (would prob. be better if I fed it more). My question is how does this vine grow? Is it going to be a giant climber? Is there any vine that I can compare its size to?
Here's a picture or 3 to prove I kept it alive. Had a hard time getting a good angle but I'm new to taking pics.
1 and 3 are basically the same, just turned around.
2 shows how nicely the vine is twining and that I need to find something else to let it twine on.
Advice?

Thumbnail by tx_flower_child Thumbnail by tx_flower_child Thumbnail by tx_flower_child
Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Congratulations Joan, I have mine on a chain link fence and it does fine, the others are next to arbors and they usually cover the arbor, they are very vigorous, but they die back in the fall and start all over in the spring.

Dallas, TX

Thanks, Josephine. Sounds like I better get going and give that vine something to climb on.

Fort Worth, TX

I got some seeds for milkweed vine from a gal in a FB group, I have them in cold stratificatioin. Will have to identify species after they germinate, as they came in the mail without photos.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.