I\'m a paid subscriber, so why am I seeing ads?

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

I haven't visited since last summer. Lots has changed. Is this one of the things?

tia
las

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

No, since your a paying member you shouldn't be seeing ads. There is more info about this on the DG updates forum but I think you might be able to fix it by going to "preferences" (at the top right of any page) and turn off the ads.

Ramona, CA(Zone 9b)

This was helpful 1lisac. I have not been on in awhile and the ads were so invasive that I was thinking about cancelling my membership. My bandwidth is pretty good and I don't experience delays on other sites, but I couldn't click on anything without a wait for several ads to pop up. Even when scrolling through pictures on plantfiles - every single picture had a wait AND - the screen resets to the top so you have to click on the picture and WAIT ---- , then click to scroll down and WAIT again just to see a picture.

When I checked my preferences "ALL" ads were off with the exception of the one that said 'text only'. That certainly was not what was happening. I was getting ads that moved, ads top, ads on the side .

At any rate, turning off that ad option helped and now the site is useful again. I feel sorry for folks who are not able to turn the ads off! What a mess.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images