Wildseed Farm

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

One of the fun things we did on our trip to Fredericksburg was go to Wildseed Farm. Oh my gosh!! The red poppys are in bloom-fields & fields of them. Talk about a red carpet event!!

Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

More pretties!

Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio Thumbnail by bariolio
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

And some ickies with pretties

Dallas, TX

Very nice. Love the poppies. Also love the orange flower (mallow?) holding its own among the purple-ish gang. Your last picture is what some would call 'dinner'. Like you, I think they're ickies.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Wonderful pictures, the poppies are gorgeous and the two of you look very nice too.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I like that place! Its fun to visit

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks everyone! I'd been there once before but think maybe bluebonnets were in the fields then. So beautiful. Of course I came home with packs of seeds!

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

We were there a couple weeks ago. Now I wish I would have spent more time at the Wildseed Farm store. Just bought a few packages and a beautiful butterfly t-shirt. Now that I've studied their catalog, I see a lot I wish I would have bought. Fredericksburg is fantastic. Took us two days to see the National Museum of the Pacific War.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Dnp you can always order online or over the phone.....I'm just trying to make the temptation worse. Lol

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I buy my seeds online from them. :) I lived in Kerrville when they first set up shop. It was quite a big deal when they started clearing land and building. They have made many changes over the years, but their seed quality has not changed. I love to visit there and see all the pretties.

How long have they been there? They have been there as long as I can remember. All my purchased wildflower seeds are ordered from them, their catalog is great, I think.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I lived in Kerrville from the fall of 1989-fall 1994, so sometime between those dates. They have more than one farm, though. This is the main one now. They moved from somewhere else, but I don't remember where.

I moved here in 1993 so that makes sense. More atoms expected tonight. I need sleep!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.