April 2016 Weather

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy April Fools Day!
April showers bring may flowers.
34º, partly sunny.

This message was edited Apr 1, 2016 6:46 AM

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 79F. That's as hot as it ever needs to get. It will probably be over 80F here at the house.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Cold front blew in with a bang last night. Today it's raining and temps in the 60s tonight should be in the 40s.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50 degrees here cloudy , windy , light rain , and cold .
Freeze rolling in ,, off to a cold start this time

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the new thread CountryGardens!

It's 84º here right now, going UP overnight to 103º!

Haa...April Fools Day everybody!
Whoa...actually, a cold front came through today. It's 40º right now, but going all the way down to 29º tonight. Brrr...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL Nuts I believed you until I read on ,,lol
Made low 50's , 34 tonight , about 39 now ,

I hate cold weather ...

And Nuts ,,, I am trying to unstick the other thread still also

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Started out sunny and 50s. Late afternoon clouds moved in, winds picked up, and had some late rain. Feels colder. Currently 47 with an expected low of 38. The rain has moved East.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

33º right now. We had snow early this morning, but just a light coating with green grass poking through. High of 41º today then all the way back to 25º overnight.

Cloudy, windy and rainy today.

They are calling for a high today of 82F. You probably know by now that the 80s do not thrill me.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Joplin, Mo 52* breezy and full sun - headin south to Texas!

Have you tried logging off to unstick? My updates come after I log off

This message was edited Apr 2, 2016 9:22 AM

Thumbnail by kittriana
Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Posting on a thread works for me.

Wow, we just had a really, really heavy hail storm! It looked like a blizzard, but with tiny hail instead of snow. It's above freezing now so as soon as it stopped hailing it all melted.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Boy, if you don't like the weather...wait 10 minutes. Now we're having flurries and the wind is blowing so hard that the bird feeders are swinging and twirling like crazy. The birds won't even use them!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I posted in the March thread....oops.
Rainy and windy, cold front over us, wind really whipping things around. My bird feeder swinging too.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

We are pure white again outside. Ha-Ha...you can't even make this stuff up. We keep having these blizzard-like hail storms with very small-size hail. This one went from hail to sleet to snow.

Now, once again it's starting to melt. I fully expect this to happen on and off all day.

This is taking the "Freeze-Thaw Cycle" to a whole new level.

This message was edited Apr 2, 2016 1:56 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Day or two ago it was 70 degrees ,, Today it is 40 degrees , high winds and a 28 degree wind chill with 27 for a low coming tonight ,
if the wind stays , that is about a 7 degree chill ,,

The Old Gals really at it ,,

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

60ish today and sunny but the wind is terrible!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Was a gorgeous sunny day. Up to 67* with only a bit of wind. Good fishin weather! This is the lake areas around Eufala, Okla

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

56° now, up to 74 today, sunny and pleasant...Amen!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

That's one of the lakes they went to, to fish catfish on the show about "Noodling".
Warm front is on us.
Was 31º at 10 pm, now it is 49º.
A little windy from SW.
Sunny.

55 already and still windy.

They are calling for a high of 81F. They are calling for 94F on Wednesday. A big yuck-o

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

43 now , and sunny , heading for 60 ,
Flash freeze last night was awful
it got down to that 27 with a wind that could shake the house
I have things to go look at when the chance arrives ,

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Today's high is 43º, low of 37º, sunny & clear.

That's sure quite a bit different from yesterday. It was a very strange day. We had intermittent hail and/or snow storms that, at times, were like short-term blizzards. Each time our yard turned white then slowly melted only to turn white again with the next mini-storm. in between the wind kicked up and sometimes the sun even came out.

This morning we still had areas with snow, but now they're mostly gone.

79 currently according to my computer.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

61 our high 40's tonight ,
mild day after a freeze and before another coming ,
sunny , light breeze ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

76* Temple, Tx feel like I went straight to summertime. Sunny and sleepy

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Okay...my weather report from this morning was totally wrong. Occasionally, but not always, when I clear my browser Comcast changes the weather to their default location of Philadelphia. Well they did and I never noticed.

I went outside a few minutes ago wearing a heavy jacket and I was roasting! Our high was actually 69º going down to 30º.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nuts) it does get confusing

I think the poor weather forecasters are confused this year. ;-)

55/81/56° for today, mostly sunny.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We had high of 76º at 3PM yesterday. Then it was downhill.
28º this morning, but that is average low for this date.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sunburned yesterday and never got away from the driver chair. Temple, Tx on a downhill freefall from 50* to expected 82*. No clouds at all.

They are calling for a high of 83F

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

freeze for tonight ,,,, Yeah weather ,,

Warmer temps all week. Tomorrow night we have a round of rain coming which is desperately needed. We've gone several weeks now without any rain.

They are calling for a high of 87F. You know that temperatures like that do not thrill me to the utmost. That means it will be around 90F at my house. We always get a spell of brutally hot weather in April. Now if only we'd get a spell of cool weather in August, but life isn't fair.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

36º & windy. Nasty day!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

37 now light wind , cloudy ,, 48 later maybe

54 and windy with sunshine. I went out and weeded for a bit until the chill drove me in for a bit. I'll be back out later to pull more. :~)

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

It's 38º right now, going up to about 45º then back down to 37º over night.

It's really sunny right now...nice! But it's supposed to cloud up this afternoon and we may have rain tonight.

It is amazing how quickly the lawn turns green again, even when there are no leaves on trees or much of anything else growing.

I am starting to see a little growth on some of the perennials. The most is on early ones like the Columbines.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

630pm cdt 77* clear skies after being heavy overcast all morning. Watching storm patterns- please guys, remember to duck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.