April 2016 - Sunshine, Tulips, & Rainbows

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Looks like we've made it ... to another Spring and a new beginning! Let's share our pics, weather reports, ups and downs, and gardening experiences.

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Happy first day of April. Those of you reading this post have also been blessed to see another Spring! We all have been blessed with another chance to have the best gardening season ever!

Tell me what is your preference in gardening. If you have any questions or concerns, I will try to help you find some possible solutions and answers.

My bus is crossing the Mississippi River right now and the water level is much higher than last week, so the folks north of St. Louis must have received an excessive amount of precipitation.

Where are you located? Are you rural or urban? Are you retired or a weekend gardener like me? Are you a newbie or Master Gardener?

Time to deboard my bus. At least, it's Friday. I have a full weekend of gardening ahead with pleasant weather for it.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I'm grumbling over today's cold weather. And the wind. lol. Not liking the wind right now.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Oh my Pepper. What would I do without you dropping in. I feel like an empty nester. LOL

Where have all the flowers gone? This is nuts!

Today the wind was nuts. Strong enough to blow a person over if you weren't paying attention. People still came out in droves to shop anyways. lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Windy here today, but blowing in warmth. Up to 54º now & going for 70º.
Here's a few pictures of progress here this spring.
1. Lettuce planted in rain gutters. Ready to eat soon.
2. Tomato plants in ground in heated hoophouse.
3. Other things growing in hoophouse.
4. My spoiled cat trying to hide.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Hey at least he isn't hiding behind the couch and you have to call some super skinny person to come get him out. lol. I've been that person too many times to count.

Your plants look great!! My tomatoes were looking good until I stuck em outside to harden off and not knowing the wind was going to be so bad. I've lost several of them since then so need to replant all varieties since I didn't keep track when I transplanted them into bigger pots. This time I'll just start them in the 3 inch pots and just do a one time transplant into the ground.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Bernie, What an amazing setup! You must be a hard worker to keep up with everything. Planting lettuce in rain gutters? Again, amazing.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Actually my wife & a full time employee did all the planting, etc.
I am busy in the cabinet shop.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Well then Bernie, you are an amazing couple!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Busy month. Doing the things dreamed about all winter.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive month.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Allergy season is at its peak for tree pollen, but I would rather sneeze than be without trees!

Thumbnail by greenbrain

I agree!!!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Being an optimist, I am going to start a May thread tomorrow. Hoping for some flowery May conversation.

Pea size hail this evening. Larger in nearby communities. We had a lot worse this time of year. No damaging winds. All is quiet now.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Come on over to the May thread! Bring your flower pics with you. : )
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1423292/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.