PLANT Swap PARTY May 7 Frederick, MD

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

PLANT PARTY ! ! !

Join us for: a chance to share plants from your garden and bring home some new ones
an opportunity to meet and visit with other Mid-Atlantic gardeners
a delicious pot luck buffet

When: Saturday, May 7, from noon to night

Where: Critterologist's home in Frederick, MD
(be sure to post on this thread if you're coming, so you'll get directions)

What to bring: Mid-Atlantic parties are "sharing" events. Bring your extra plants, bring a favorite appetizer, side dish, or sweet, bring something for the "gift table." Extra chairs and tables are helpful. If all you bring is a smile, that's fine too -- just come!

Who is invited: Mid-Atlantic forum participants from Dave's Garden and All Things Plants, and their guests. If you'll be bringing kids (please do!), let me know so Joyanna (6) and I can set up some play space, movies, etc.

Post on this thread so I can add you to the "Party People" list below. Let me know what you're bringing for the food table. Gift table items can be anything from a pair of garden gloves you were given that don't fit to a piece of handcrafted jewelry... our general rule of thumb is to keep purchased items under $5. We'll also have a table for pass-along books and gardening magazines. (If you have an especially choice book, by all means put it on the gift table).

When you come, pull up in/near the driveway to unload your plants. I'll set up little drop-off areas with names on signs so you'll have a place to put plants that people have requested from you. Other plants will go to a "free to good home" location. If you put plants there, you are still responsible for them... please help them find homes or take them with you when you leave. :

Hope to see you on May 7!

:-)
Critter / Jill

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Party People:

Jill & Jim & Joyanna (hosts)

Aspenhill
CAMfromMD
Catmint
egnalg
Gitagal
Greenthumb
Lisa
Muddy1
RobinBunch (Catbird)
SallyG
SSGardener

No need to sign up again if you are already on the list!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Food

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Reserved for other details

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Me!! And maayyybeee....Logan, Chloe Mariah...will confirm.

Mechanicsburg, PA

Please tell me where the plant list is posted. Thanks.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Most of the info is on All Things Plants in the Mid Atlantic Gardening Forum. Here is a link.
http://allthingsplants.com/forums/view/midatlantic/
Look at the top 3 posts. Also on the left in the blue background area, there is a list, with Seed Swaps one up from the bottom. Once you are a member of All Things Plants, you will be able to see the list of items offered on that. Hope you can join us.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks for posting the link, ecnalg! Yes, the information for the swap that's quoted at the top of this thread is accurate, but the actual sign-up and discussion are taking place over on ATP this year.

Some of our friends are here, others there, and of course some folks are active both places. This forum is subscriber-only, which is why we've gone to ATP for event-planning discussions. There's also an ATP "swaps tool" that we're using to keep track of offers and requests.

So please join us here: http://allthingsplants.com/thread/view/46776/2016-Spring-Plant-Swap-Party-Saturday-May-7-Frederick-MD/#end_of_thread

Falls Church, VA

Hi, I'm back! I just rejoined. I'd love to come to the Plant Party. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Thumbnail by Frenchy21
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Great to see you posting!! Follow the link above to the pre-party chatter... and sign up with the swaps tool, so you can put dibs on some items right away and list some offerings of your own. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.