Need gas oven opinions

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

My sister just bought a restaurant............I am wanting to try and bake some things to sell on my own (commercial kitchen), NOT work for her. Anyway...........I don't know if it's normal for commercial gas range/ovens that there are only 2 rack levels in the oven..........top third and bottom third. There isn't even slots to put a rack in the MIDDLE of the oven. Both the stoves are like this. Those of you that have gas, how long do you think I need to leave whatever I'm baking on the bottom rack before I have to switch it to the top? So far I made cinnamon rolls that got too brown and cookies that weren't too bad, considering. Yes, the oven is "off" but I compensated for that when I found out how much I had to adjust it after putting an oven thermometer in.

I do not like gas, never have. People think I have a screw loose when I tell them that............"oh, as much as you love to bake, gas is the way to go." Had a gas range at home when I was a kid and I was scared to death of it. Using gas was not enhanced by the time I walked up into our milkhouse and the gas heater exploded. Give me Reddy Kilowatt any day. LOL

Any hints would be appreciated so I can get things looking nice when they come out of the oven. I'd like to try a pie too.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!