Soil Conditioning

Camano Island, WA(Zone 8a)

Thought I'd better start a new thread instead of continuing to hijack the alpine garden thread. :-)

Here's what I found at our local nursery for use as a soil conditioner. G&B Organics Soil Building Conditioner: "Containing no harmful synthetic chemicals, this all-purpose mulch and soil amendment mixes with your native soil to help loosen clay and add nutrients, including mycorrhizae, for strong root development to help plants grow full and lush."

The ingredients are: Recycled forest products, arbor fines, composted chicken manure, gypsum, oyster shell & dolomite limes (as pH adjusters), vermicompost, bat guano, kelp meal.

DonnaMack - is this the kind of thing you were thinking of? It cost me $10.

Here's the new yard in all its glory. The water is pooled although it hasn't rained in over a week. Sigh. And I mentioned the clay but think I forgot to mention the rocks...

Thumbnail by momlady Thumbnail by momlady Thumbnail by momlady
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Momlady, the ingredients that are in your bag look the same as what was listed by the link Donna provided.

It looks like you've got a brand new slate to work with. I hope you enjoy developing your new gardens. Boy, what I'd give to have woods in my back yard, looks like heaven to me.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm so sorry. I just saw this! It's because you started a new thread.

Mipii is right. The answer is yes!

And the price is right.

This message was edited Apr 7, 2016 5:41 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.