Been gone too long....

North Augusta, ON

But have found my way back. Missed all of you.
We moved last year. Finally bit the bullet and decided the other house was too big for the three of us. Mom was lonely in the back half all by herself all of the time and we were barely using half the side we were in.
I fell in love with this place and bought it without first selling the one we were in.
We picked the hottest day of the summer to move. Rented a 27 ft truck and Hubs and I moved 2 full 3 bdrm houses all by ourselves.
I couldn't bare to leave our 30 year old perennial gardens behind, but we filled one entire load full of plants. Mom had been digging bulbs all summer. Had about 200 of them to plant. Drove them to the new house and had to dig gardens for them all.
We now live in an old renovated 1 rm schoolhouse that was built in 1809. Nearest neighbour is over half a mile away. Still has the original his and hers outhouses in the backyard which was perfect for the geese.
Can't wait for spring because moving was a blur and we really have no idea what plants are where.
New digs:

Thumbnail by threegardeners Thumbnail by threegardeners Thumbnail by threegardeners Thumbnail by threegardeners Thumbnail by threegardeners
Thomaston, CT

It looks wonderful....right out in the country....hope all your transplants have made it!

North Augusta, ON

Thank you! So far we have a ton of tulips and dafs and crocus coming up. We moved very mature plants on a very hot day....all we can do is wait and see.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Caught your post. It's picture perfect!

North Augusta, ON

Thank you!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

What caught my attention was your down-scaling. Please follow up. I'm not sure how to proceed with my family in that department.

North Augusta, ON

We bought a nice little 3 bedroom and moved Mom in with us. We had to give away a lot of stuff because all of a sudden we had two of everything :) It hasn't been easy but it is working out extremely well. She has company all day and has a tv, etc in her bedroom when she needs alone time, or when she thinks we do. It's been good for everyone I think.
Hubby is a stay at home Hubby so he was alone all day and she was alone all day so now they have each other to keep company while I'm at work. A few misunderstandings at first, for instance when Hubs went out one day to feed the geese Mom mopped the floors. When he got in he proceeded to mop the floors, not knowing she had already done it. I came home from work and her nose was all bent out of shape thinking he didn't think she did it good enough when if she had just asked him she would have found out he had no idea she'd done it. That kind of stuff...they had to learn to communicate with each other.
I've found out Mom loves our video games, she'll actually ask us to play one, she likes watching the murder and mayhem :) She also loves MMA wrestling which is a total surprise to me as well.

Thomaston, CT

Sounds like it will all work out fine.....I would love to move to a smaller house, but not sure if I want to stay in CT to be near my son & grandkids, or move to FL where it will be much less expensive.....

North Augusta, ON

Go for warm. :) if you live in Florida the kid and grands will visit :)

Thomaston, CT

That's true....& my stepson lives in Venice & my stepdaughter will be moving there in 3 years, so part of the family will be down there all year.....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Venice. California, Venice, Florida or Venice, Italy? I guess you meant Venice, Florida.

LEE ANNE!? You should have told me you were back!! How are you doing? How are Mom and DH getting along now? Every time I play cribbage on my phone, I think of your DH.

Thomaston, CT

Yes, FL is the correct area.....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

We lived in Texas for three years (pretty much, to be near family) and even considered buying a house there, In the end we decided we weren't up to the cultural differences. It felt very different, for instance, to live somewhere where the state had sued the federal government, or where the confederate flag is very popular.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.