Spring 2016

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Spring 2016

Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil

promises of more:

Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil

and more:

Camano Island, WA(Zone 8a)

Lovely! What is the white one in your last set of pictures?

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Second image: Candytuft (Iberis); 3rd image looks like rock cress (Aubrieta), or at least that what they appear to be.
So very nice to see color & buds bursting these days; winter was seeming quite long.

Katye is correct-sorry I did not answer, I somehow missed the post.

Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

The candy tuft is so pretty! Does it just bloom in early spring only?

I have 2 Iberis, both the regular species and a variety 'Autumn Beauty' that reblooms in the fall. However, it isn't so great- the rebloom is sparse (might be better if I watered more) and I don't have anything blooming then that coordinates well with the bright white.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Cut the Candytuft back hard as soon as the flowering slows down. It should rebound & reward you with rebloom, although not as prolific as that first spring flush. Some years mine has looked better than others. This year promises to be similar to 2015. (Although I say that & hope it's not pretending...) I did have a good laugh yesterday after I got home from work & did my walk-around: every single plant seemed to be standing straight & tall as if they were standing at attention, reaching up to capture as much warmth/sun as possible. Plus the warm evening included extra-special bird antics & a few hummingbird wars.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.