Hubby\'s Weight

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

First off, I love my DH. I don't care what he looks like, I will always love him. But over the last couple of years, he's gained a tremendous amount of weight. At 6'2", he's over 350 pounds. I've tried to encourage him to loose weight. His doctor has even suggested stomach stapling. It's definitely starting to affect his health. His knees are going bad. Heart is a problem. But he just can't seem to stop eating. Loves his sweets. And meat. And fats. Just a terrible diet. I've tried my best to keep things out of the house, but he goes to the store himself & gets them. He won't eat vegetables. He thinks an Atkins type diet of all meat, with as much fat as he wants, will let him loose weight. But then he adds the sweets on top of it. And of course, no exercise at all.

This morning, he's on his computer wearing just a pair of shorts - no shirt. His looks are just disgusting. The hard part is, I love him so much, but he looks like Jabba The Hut. How do I tell him to just put on a shirt?

He's 69, I'm 65. Our sex life is gone cause I can't stand to look at him. We used to shower together, but I really don't want to anymore, unless I keep my eyes closed.

There's really nothing much I can do. I just needed to talk about this.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!