Problem with frut seedling

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I did not get any response in the disease forum so I thought I would post here. I got this seedling from a company and I was really upset. What is happening with this plant. Is this gall are some other plant disease?

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding
Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

Yes, you should be upset. I haven't seen this before, but it doesn't look good.
First I would try and get your money back.
Second I would try and take it into the nearest county extension service and see if they can identify it.
The round knobs look like maybe gall or scale, but the longer ridged scars don't, and it is probably all one problem. Although a stressed tree can develop multiple problems.

The county extension office is looking into it. They are sending the pictures to UGA (University of Georgia) to find out what it is. They asked for the company that sent me the plant.

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

I bet they asked for the source! Shipping diseased plant material across state lines is against the law!

They did ask me and I gave them the name and website.

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

I am sorry for the problems you have had - very disappointing, I'm sure. Once you hear back from the State, please share what the problem was. And if it does go back to the Supplier, please share the name of the supplier and add a review to sources on this website. Thank you

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.