Albuquerque, NM

Albuquerque , NM

Hello members, is there anyone else currently around who gardens in NM, particularly Albuquerque? I am new to the area and climate and have lots of queries...

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

you're quite a bit higher than we are. You'll find the correct plants for your area here: http://www.highcountrygardens.com/

(Zone 7a)

I am in your area and have been gardening organically here for 30 years. What would you like to know?

Albuquerque , NM

Thank you 2ndChance, for the link, I realized I never came back to this thread, my apologies, I have ordered from HCG and have gotten some nice things.

mudpiegirl, thank you for your offer of help! Very belatedly, ha! I became very discouraged with my property (1962) because it was mostly covered with river rocks 6 - 8 inches deep...on top of black plastic. Tons of hardscape. It was overwhelming and depressing for a long time....so much work to even start restoring the earth to life...more than 50 years of black plastic and rocks suffocating the soil.

I'm finally starting to branch out into plants...I just ordered seeds from Plants of the SW, and I bought some agaves from their nursery in Los Ranchos. I had a small Chinese Piistache and a Modesto ash tree planted last spring, and they are looking nice this year.

So anyway, thank you both for your replies! It doesn't look like this forum is very active, so maybe you both are not here anymore, I think most people are on FB now...which I'm not. :)

Gold Canyon, AZ(Zone 9a)

There is an excellent book on gardening in Albuquerque. It is "Down to Earth" and written by Bernalillo County Master Gardeners. It's pricey but worth it, and you may find used ones on Amazon for much less money.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.