And in Other News...

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Don't drive with trees embedded in your car...
http://globalnews.ca/news/2565446/police-arrest-woman-for-driving-with-15-foot-tree-embedded-in-her-car/

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Too weird! Ha ha

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh my gosh...that's only about 30 minutes away from where I live! Before we moved to Algonquin almost 15 years ago, we lived in Schaumburg (the town where she ran into the tree).

That's crazy!

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

I wonder what the back story is to that one?

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Attempted hood ornament.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Something to keep the front end of her car down in a stiff wind?

Just driving home from her ex-boyfriends place?

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Oh, c'mon.

That's one of those Woodie vehicles from the '40s and '50s - a "sport" model...

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Ha! That's good...a Woody made with real wood instead of the imitation wood that some people use when they try to replicate the look.

Growing up in Southern CA during the 60's I remember lots of woodies (popular with the surfer crowd) though I don't remember any looking quite like the one in the above post. :o)

Lol, leave it to beaver.

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

She could also be charged with theft. A 15 foot tree has a significant monetary value. If it was my tree she stole I would be upset ;-)
Now for the real challenge- can anyone here ID the tree?

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Acer

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Hmm...maybe we need to start inserting "chips" in our trees. You never know - this type of tree theft could become an epidemic. There might be "copy cat" crimes all over the country...heck, all over the world!

Quote from nutsaboutnature :
Hmm...maybe we need to start inserting "chips" in our trees. You never know - this type of tree theft could become an epidemic. There might be "copy cat" crimes all over the country...heck, all over the world!

LOL...you guys are killing me!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.