Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

How many of you use a foodsaver. My sister calls me the foodsaver queen. I have been very lucky finding my foodsavers. My suggestions for getting them at great prices are the thrift stores and discount stores. I found my first 2, the Vac 500, a few years ago at my neighborhood thrift store for $5.00 each. I found one about a year ago on Ebay, the Vac 3880, for $15.00. They listed it as unable to fully test. Since the V3880 usually priced at $170.00 I thought it would be worth it to try. It worked perfect and looked new. 2 weeks ago I saw the V5860 at a discount store and it had a price tag of $14.00. You know I had to take it home and test it. I knew that it usually priced at around $300.00. It powered on but would then power off. I called foodsaver and they had me to ship it to them, which cost me $15.00, They replaced it. So that foodsaver cost me $29.00. I use my foodsavers all the time, I keep my old v500 because it works best for making small bags from the larger bags without wasting bag.

Thumbnail by weeding
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!