Hello! Can\'t figure out what tree this is

Summerville, SC

Hi,

I am hopping one of you can help me identify a few trees I have on a new property. I want to care for them correctly, especially one that I think my need some serious TLC, but after hours of online searching none of the results seem to be helping. I have three trees I am trying to ID, I will create separate threads for each tree. Thank you for your help and time! I live in South Carolina about 30 miles from the coast and these pictures were taken today 2/27.

This tree is about 12-15 feet tall, I have 4 of them planted in a line about 10 feet apart and they all look to be in the same condition. In a year I have never seen any leaves or real blossoms on this tree but there are a few sporadic dead leaves on the trees, (about a total of 7 leaves per tree!). The bark is pale gray/silver and is very scaly and has some moss on it. each little stem has a little bud on it and the bud is about 1/2 inch in diameter, round and a silver color, it looks like it will bloom into something.

Thumbnail by Angela3 Thumbnail by Angela3 Thumbnail by Angela3 Thumbnail by Angela3 Thumbnail by Angela3

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.