Good morning

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

I was just wondering if anyone is on this thread? I am back after several years of not being a member. I just thought I would take a minute this morning to say hello and reach out to anyone who is still here.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Fort Worth, TX

well hello I am in Texas but sometimes my weather is a lot like yours, so I follow this forum.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Gypsi, I have visited your area of the big state of Texas. Spent a few nights in Lake Worth and then traveled south to Austin. I have also visited San Antonio, Houston and Galveston. I loved the area it has a lot of history. I was surprised to see how empty this forum is. I came from the Northwest forum where it was always busy, I lived in Washington state for 25 years...although I am a desert rat born and raised in Phoenix. I think I like the northwest better because I am older and the heat gets to me more that it used to. I have Iris, a couple of daylilies, salvia, gaillardia, penstemon and Tecoma Stans lots of varieties because they bring the hummingbirds. What do you plant in your gardens?

Fort Worth, TX

I plant a lot of what you do, except the tecoma, I have never heard of that. I also plant lantana, turks cap mallow, and a lot of blooming shrubs since I keep bees. Vitex, butterfly bush, and abelia. Day lilies, spider lilies, other lilies, iris, lots of bulbs of all kinds. The drought killed a lot of Texas gardens, and a lot of my plants, and it has hurt participation on the forum for Texas anyway. We are trying to make a comeback and hold a plant swap in March in Fort Worth.

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good Morning,,,Tecoma stans are Yellow Bells, but I prefer the more manageable ones. I also have lantana, amarylis, lilies. and I am trying dahlia this year. I grow the lantana and grasses in the front yard but only a couple of trees, lots of shrubs and flowers in the back. I planted seeds inside this year and will be planting a lot of new flowers between the iris. I will attach a few pictures of the Tecoma, I am going to try this year to propagate a few of my plants, I used to be pretty good at that too! Which zone are you in, mine says I am 9a, but a lot of 9a plants burn up here,

Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

I forgot to ask what is the red plant and the lavender plant in the picture? I also grow a lot of vines to keep the direct sun off some of my plants. I grow lilac vine. snail vine, passion vine and I am about to plant wisteria sticks...lol cuttings from a friends plant that I rooted. I have a dwarf butterfly bush blue chip and I really do not care for it here, maybe we could do trades for postage in the fall, this time of year with the heat probably would not be good...

Fort Worth, TX

The red plant is the bloom of Turks Cap Mallow, a favorite of hummingbirds. The blooms are small, only about 3\4 inch across. The lavender is Texas Sage. It doesn't like wet feet, is a shrub and blooms several times a year from midsummer to about October. Bees love it. I think I am in 8b, not sure, and have to run to work this morning so I can't look it up. I am trying to propagate those almost perennial plants I got for 50 cents apiece at Ace in the fall. Have a small greenhouse and am using aquaponics to grow swiss chard, have ajuga and a couple of pots with cutting sitting where the fishy water flows past the bottom of their pots.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow your greenhouse sounds wonderful, I had one when we lived in Washington but do not need one here, I need a refrigerator hahahaha! I just planted my cucumber and zucchini seed today, I already have tomatoes with bloom. We have been having 80 degree temps in the daytime already....summer is coming, ready or not!

Fort Worth, TX

it hits freezing here often enough that i have a pool blanket over the greenhouse. I just love it on a winter day

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good morning, Here are a few of the blooms I have had starting Feb, 18the

Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Fort Worth, TX

Yours are outside! My bees would love it.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow I would have thought you would have lots of things going on outside too! Do you grow any bulbs or tubers?

Fort Worth, TX

My bulbs aren't blooming yet, I have let my broccoli go to bloom and my peach and redbud trees are blooming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.