WHO WANTS TO HELP SOLVE A MYSTERY!!

New York City, NY

So, i just found this mushroom in with my crassula ovata. I've been watering in small sips, and there isn't a drainage hole, which may have led to this. Can anybody identify the mushroom? Any advice whatsoever is very much appreciated. Thanks, and good luck!!

Thumbnail by itsybitsyspider Thumbnail by itsybitsyspider Thumbnail by itsybitsyspider Thumbnail by itsybitsyspider

When I was new to gardening, I planted some bell pepper in a small palm sized pot outside. Living in the tropics, I did too frequent watering to neutralize the heat, and as a result being hit the rain and overwatering, wild mushroomlike thingy appear. It could have been caused by spores. The wet and damp consitions makes it feasible for them to grow. You can try to grow them on a separate pot if you want and do experiment growing it. I am not sure if it is edible, and dont try, it could be poisonous. Every plant must have a good drainage, especially those bottom holes dor excess water to exit the pot. With no drainage holes, plants will eventually suffer tipburn from excess mineral salt. Just imagine our bodies, without our assholes. The same goes to plant. Poor drainage means constipation for the plant. Happy gardening!!!

KINGSHILL, VI(Zone 14)

Drainage! Don't water for two weeks, tip the plant out of the pot and see what you get.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.