(It\'s) White Out

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Helloooooo............

Not much action on this forum lately, but there's lots of snowblades full outside.

Here at the Valley, it began about 9:00 a.m. innocuously enough. Presently - 3:25 p.m. EST - we measure a healthy 4" on the trash can lid, where some might also have blown off, with no end in sight till tomorrow morning.

The End Of Timers predict up to 20" 'round these parts. Low end estimates are saying around 12".

Nothing else too exciting is set to strike the Bluegrass any time soon, 'cept maybe the next time the Cats play.

What's it like at your place?

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

We have 6 inches and they are saying that we could get a foot. Really glad that this is my weekend off. The Cats play at 4:00 tomorrow so hope that the electric stays on. Kathy

Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

Yes - You want that electric to stay on. We only have about an inch and it is left over from very little last night and a few days prior. Strong winds here this eve. We have friends in Metropolis, Il and they have 6 inches of snow.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

It looks like we ended up with about 8" on the trash can lid - and factoring in blustery winds most of yesterday and dry snow, I'm going to lay claim to 10".

Sounds like folks using I-75 yesterday in south/southeast KY found the most trouble, as in getting stranded overnight. No freezing rain or ice around here at all, so no trees down that I'm aware of and all power seems to be available in the Bluegrass area.

Getting to the game: there's where it might take a proclamation by the Governor to clear the way.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Looks like we may have about 10 inches also, I haven't measured it yet this morning as I haven't been outside yet. Our snow is supposed to stop by noon. I saw on the news where people were stranded. That is why I am staying put and hope that my back roads are cleared by Monday morning.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I think we have about a foot and a half here.
Still coming down--blowing all over. I am NOT going outside....
Will need to call pout work tomorrow....DAH! Gita

Snow cupcakes-- on my patio.
House across the street.

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

Baltimore - I like your snow cupcakes. Hang in there!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Stay safe and warm

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.