Plant dying! Help!what is this?!?

Indianapolis, IN

I have a super green thumb but I ordered plants online now it seems all of my plants are declining And about 10have died completely this has never happened. The stems of my plants are dying very fast. Can anyone help

Thumbnail by bjgooden3424 Thumbnail by bjgooden3424 Thumbnail by bjgooden3424 Thumbnail by bjgooden3424 Thumbnail by bjgooden3424
Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Have you contacted the vendor? Plants can arrive with disease or pests that are contagious to others. I can't tell what the problem is but that would be my recommendation.

Indianapolis, IN

This is rubber plant. Most leaves are gone. And yes I spoke with the vendor. They don't know or care. Is this a disease? Does any know how I can save my babies. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Thumbnail by bjgooden3424 Thumbnail by bjgooden3424 Thumbnail by bjgooden3424 Thumbnail by bjgooden3424

I think you should post on the forum Ask a Daves Gardener or Beginning Gardening. I think you'll get more views and hopefully somebody can help. I'm sorry I can't help you.

Indianapolis, IN

Imsorry I'm new I though this was the correct place.

There is no need to be sorry...some of the forums get more traffic. This isn't the wrong forum but I think you'll have a better chance of getting help on one of those other forums. Good Luck!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I am not familiar enough with rubber trees to know if that looks normal. Is there any kind of dirt that comes off on your finger or towel if you wipe the underside of the leaf? Spidermites can be very hard to see, and maybe on thick leaves like that, the damage is not so obvious until the leaf dies.

Spider Mite damage is a very strong possibility especially since you brought plants in. Do you see any webbing, if you don't that doesn't mean that's not the problem. I lost a bunch of mini roses bc I bought some at the grocery store and they infected my existing ones, before I realized what the problem was.

Woburn, MA

I think your plant is infected by pests. The pests found on rubber tree are Mealybugs, Thrips. You should go for a pest control ct for getting rids of these pests.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2016 1:08 AM

Advertising is not allowed on the forums. Besides who would hire a pest control company for a plant? Lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.