Traps for wasps and hornets?

Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

Oh, wow, it feels good to be able to post again and it looks like the home page is working...looks like, not exactly sure but feeling a little bit optimistic .

Has anyone used the traps for wasps and hornets? The traps that have no toxic materials but openings for the wasps to enter, once inside, they can't get out again. What i worry about is that the bees might be able to do the same and i sure wouldn't want to kill any bees. I don't have anything against wasps, but i have too many of them and just found a couple of nests. The problem is that the wasps kill all the butterfly and moth caterpillars and i need to control the wasp population to balance things out a little better. This product is not available here in Colima (so i can't take a hands on look at it), but i can purchase it via the internet. I have written to the seller, but would much rather hear from some one who has had experience with the product or at least who knows more about it than i do.
I also posted this on the Organic Gardening Forum but on second thought perhaps this forum is more relevant.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I havent tried, but wasps are an issue at home. What I have noticed is that the smell of blushed overripe fruit draws more wasps than bees...

Wichita Falls, United States

[deleted by admin]

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Do you think they will go to Mexico? LolAdvertising isn't allowed on DG threads admin has been notified.

You just signed up and you've already hit many threads...

Most experienced gardeners know that wasps are very beneficial for pest control in gardens.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.