Lots of Large birds here

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Limpkins are a regular visitor to the neighborhood. Okeechobee, FL

This message was edited Jan 18, 2016 2:05 PM

Thumbnail by JWLW
Thomaston, CT

Saw them when I visited my stepson in Sarasota......A pair was walking....impressive birds!

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Some more photos from Okeechobee, FL.

Thumbnail by JWLW Thumbnail by JWLW Thumbnail by JWLW Thumbnail by JWLW
Thomaston, CT

That is what I really miss about FL at this time of year.....you can get such great looks at the birds because they don't fly away....Last time I was in FL I saw a hooded warbler who practically walked on my feet.....I would take our golf cart & go to the marshes every day to watch the water birds....and the alligators!

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Have not seen any Alligators yet this year. May be too cold. We are usually here in February see them then. We did see a little one the other day in Fort Lauderdale.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2016 7:11 PM

Thomaston, CT

There were always some at The Villages.....usually in the marshes...

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Heavy rain all day today in Okeechobee, FL.

Thomaston, CT

Our next storm is supposed to be since it will be in the 40s & 50s for the next week.....finally, a decent winter!

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Little Blue Heron here the other day. Okeechobee, Florida.

Thumbnail by JWLW
Thomaston, CT

Pretty bird......have been seeing lots of hawks here lately...

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

First Alligator photos this year. Don't know where they have been hiding. This one is on the other side of the field behind us. We saw smaller one over there the other day. Usually we see more, must be weather that is keeping them away. We call them our neighbors and we enjoy watching them. Photos taken 02/21/2016 Okeechobee, Florida.

Thumbnail by JWLW Thumbnail by JWLW Thumbnail by JWLW
Thomaston, CT

Alligators are supposed to be lethargic this time of year......I don't know, they always seemed to be alert to me!

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Just posted to my Blog. http://www.jwlwgardens.com/photos-from-the-past-1/
Have a great evening.

Thomaston, CT

Very pretty photos...I especially like the daylily combo!

Thomaston, CT

Our other posts have disappeared....have no idea why....tried to start new ones, & they never appeared......see if this one works.....Weather is nice....sunny & 40s.....looking forward to big warm up this week!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.